“Nigeria Has Become Safer Under Buhari” – Lai Mohammed Tells Latin American Bikers

"Nigeria Has Become Safer Under Buhari" - Lai Mohammed Tells Latin American Bikers 3

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, tells Latin American bikers that Nigeria has become safer since President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office on May 29, 2015.

He said this in Abuja on Monday, November 5, 2018, while bidding farewell to some foreign bikers after weeks of touring eight states; Niger, Kogi, Enugu, Cross River, Rivers, Edo, Oyo and Lagos and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

According to the Minister, the tour was to provide the bikers a firsthand opportunity to experience the rich cultural heritage of the Nigeria people.

“From the report that I have received, this tour is a great success,” Mohammed announced. “It is also an attestation to the fact that Nigeria is indeed a safe destination for tourists and business people alike. Yes, there are security challenges here and there – and this is not peculiar to Nigeria. But our country is safer today than it was before the advent of this administration in 2015, thanks to the political will shown by the administration and the commitment of our security agencies.

“The bikers travelled to Gurara Falls in Niger; The coal city of Enugu, the Millennium Park, Slave History Museum, Tinapa Lake Resort all in Cross River; the national museum in Port Harcourt, Rivers State; the ancient city of Benin in Edo State where they visited the National Museum, among others; the ancient city of Ibadan in Oyo State; Lagos Mega City and of course many sites here in the FCT.

“The great bikers who crisscrossed our country by road are all here, safe and sound! They are not armchair analysts. They are practical men and women who zoomed across the country on their power bikes. No one can tell the story better than them. And the feedback we have received is overwhelmingly positive,” he stated.

While appreciating the bikers, the Minister urged them to become “great ambassadors” of Nigeria.

News1 day ago