Two bombs at a Roman Catholic cathedral in southern Philippines have killed 27 people and injured dozens more, local officials say.
The first blast happened as Sunday Mass was being celebrated at the church on Jolo island, where Islamist militants are active.
As soldiers responded, a second device was detonated in the car park.
The attack comes days after a majority-Muslim area in the region voted for greater autonomy in a referendum.
No group has so far said it was behind the attack. Jolo has long been a base for militants including those of the Abu Sayyaf group.
The local officials say the first blast happened at 08:45 local time (00:45 GMT) inside the Cathedral of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which has been hit by bombs in the past.
The second explosion was shortly afterwards on the doorstep of the church.
Most of the victims are civilians.
More updates later….
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has confirmed that more than 1,100 Nigerian migrants have returned…
Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has advised married men not to stay angry with their wives,…
Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez has revealed why he turned down an alleged offer to join Mavin…
Isreal DMW, the manager of Nigerian music star Davido, has warned that any man who…
Pep Guardiola has confirmed he will leave Manchester City this weekend, bringing an end to…
American singer K. Michelle said she is not bothered if her husband has sexual relationships…
View Comments
May God grant them eternal rest