Baba Go Slow: I’m Going Slowly To Survive — President Buhari Replies Critics

Baba Go Slow: I’m Going Slowly To Survive — President Buhari Replies Critics 3

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the reason why his administration is perceived as slow is because of its management style, going slowly to survive.

Buhari said he doesn’t want to make the mistake he did as a military Head of State when he was so much in a hurry. He needs to tow the line of caution as the current system of government does not encourage arbitrariness but respect for rule of law.

The President said this while responding to questions during a town hall meeting with members of the Nigerian Community in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), on Tuesday. He said:

“So, whoever calls me ‘Baba go slow’, I’m very cautious of historical antecedent. You know what happened to me the last time… I was in a hurry, I was locked up, I’m going slow so that I can survive.”

“I may be ‘Baba go slow’ but I didn’t loot.  People have to be proven guilty before they are locked up. All that I have to do is to tell the police, and DSS that somebody has so many houses, he has so many investment and his salary is this.

“Recently, the EFCC placed an advert in some of the national newspapers and showed how much was recovered in term of fixed asset and money.”

Reassuring the international community that Nigeria is a stable polity, Buhari declared that the next four years of his administration will be a harvest and consolidation of successes in the three-point agenda of fixing the economy, fighting insecurity and corruption.

He also pledged more government investments in research and development, as well as technology and educational institutions.

Banky W Expresses Gratitude To God As He Survives Fourth Cancer Surgery [Video]

Banky W Expresses Gratitude To God As He Survives Fourth Cancer Surgery [Video]

DSS Takes Over Emir Of Kano’s Palace Amid Deposition Rumour
News3 hours ago

DSS Takes Over Emir Of Kano’s Palace Amid Deposition Rumour

Drama As Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Slumps In Abuja Court
News4 hours ago

Drama As Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Slumps In Abuja Court

Nigerians React To Sanusi's Reinstatement As Kano Emir After His Dethronement By Ganduje"
News5 hours ago

Nigerians React To Sanusi’s Reinstatement As Kano Emir After His Dethronement By Ganduje

Lamido Sanusi II Reinstated As Kano Emir
News6 hours ago

Lamido Sanusi II Reinstated As Kano Emir, Ganduje’s Four Emirates Dethroned

Police Arrests Man Who Accused E-Money Of Having Affairs With Junior Pope’s Wife

“She No Even Wear Pant” – Ayra Starr's Outfit At Album Listening Party Causes Stir [Video]

“She No Even Wear Pant” – Ayra Starr’s Outfit At Album Listening Party Causes Stir [Video]

"Big Ballers Are Coming To Umunze” – Cubana Chief Priest Consoles Flavour Over His Father’s Death

“Big Ballers Are Coming To Umunze” – Cubana Chief Priest Consoles Flavour Over His Father’s Death

Flavour N'abania Loses His Father, Benjamin Okoli [Video]

Flavour N’abania Loses His Father, Benjamin Okoli [Video]

Ademola Lookman's Hat-Trick Leads Atalanta To Europa League Victory Over Bayer Leverkusen

Ademola Lookman’s Hat-Trick Leads Atalanta To Europa League Victory Over Bayer Leverkusen

Why FG Banned Money Ritüal, Smoking, Crime Scenes In Nollywood Films

Why FG Banned Money Ritüal, Smoking, Crime Scenes In Nollywood Films

"I Have Forgiven Junior Pope For Betraying And Stabbing Me In The Back" - Yul Edochie

“I Have Forgiven Junior Pope For Betraying And Stabbing Me In The Back” – Yul Edochie

Diddy Faces 6th Lawsuit As Model Accuses Him Of Drugging And Sexual Assaulting Her

VeryDarkMan Remanded In Police Custody As He Pleads Not Guilty To Cyberstalking

VeryDarkMan Remanded In Police Custody As He Pleads Not Guilty To Cyberstalking

Serious Fight Breaks Out As Cross River Assembly Impeaches Speaker, Elvert Ayambem [Video]
Politics1 day ago

"Igbo Girls Are Not Good For Marriage, They're Prostitutes And Feminists" - Speed Darlington [Video]

“Igbo Girls Are Not Good For Marriage, They’re Prostitutes And Feminists” – Speed Darlington [Video]

Erigga Announces His Father's Death

Erigga Announces His Father’s Death

Oritsefemi’s Ex-Wife, Nabila Fash Threatens To Sue Him For Defamation, Threat To Life

Real Reason Why Mauricio Pochettino Left Chelsea By Mutual Consent