World’s Fattest Child Who Is 10 Years Old Set To Undergo Weight Loss Surgery [Photos] 7

The fattest child in the world who weighs 31 stone at just ten years old will undergo weight loss surgery in a bid to save his life.

Mohammed Arbrar, from Pakistan, struggles to stand after regularly eating meals meant to feed four adults.

Despite weighing just 8lb at birth, he began gaining weight rapidly – tipping the scales at three stone when he was just six months old.

His doctors say he is the fattest boy in the world, weighing even more than Indonesian Arya Permana, who hit the headlines for weighing 29 stone aged ten, three years ago.

World’s Fattest Child Who Is 10 Years Old Set To Undergo Weight Loss Surgery [Photos] 8

His parents, who have two other healthy children, said Mohammed was perpetually hungry as an infant and would drink five times as much milk as his elder siblings.

He was so heavy that his mother Zareena could not change his nappies alone and had to get a specially-made bed to take his weight. With his massive frame, even basic activities like walking and sitting are an uphill task for the pre-teen boy.

Despite having three siblings, an older brother and a sister and one younger sister, Mohammed cannot play with them.

He has never been to school because he cannot take more than three steps at a time.

World’s Fattest Child Who Is 10 Years Old Set To Undergo Weight Loss Surgery [Photos] 9

But now, his parents are hopeful that Mohammed could be a normal weight after the country’s best-known bariatric surgeon, Dr Maaz ul Hassan, agreed to perform a life-saving operation.

Abrar will undergo a laparoscopic sleeve surgery in which the outer margin of the stomach is removed to restrict food intake on Friday.

The surgery is expected to last for an hour, and after the operation, Mohammed will be fed a liquid diet of buttermilk, chicken broth, and fruit juice.

News1 day ago