“I Am Not Afraid Of Death” – Obasanjo Says He Would Not Act Like A Coward

"I Am Not Afraid Of Death" - Obasanjo Says He Would Not Act Like A Coward 3

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has vowed to continue raising alarm when things are not right in the country, saying he would not act like a coward for fear of death.

Obasanjo said this at the two-day interactive session of the Presidential Youth Mentorship Retreat held at the Youth Development Centre, Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta on Tuesday, November 19, 2019.

The former president said that he’s not afraid of death at his age, adding that God has favoured him to live long after serving as military head of state and as democratically-elected president of the country.

While fielding questions from the participants at the retreat, Obasanjo noted that his major concern was to build leaders who would lead Africa to her promised land.

He urged the youths to made individual and collective sacrifices to make Africa a great continent, and to interact more with their leaders.

” I ‘m not afraid of death at my age, God has favoured me and I appreciate God’s blessings on me over these years,” Obasanjo said.

” My concern over the years is to build leaders of Africa. My greatest concern is tomorrow and that tomorrow begins today.

“The world today is in crisis, I believed that youths need interaction from leaders and learning from them. I want to be inspired at the end of this programme.

“I want you to identify yourself and use your identity to achieve service to God and humanity.

“I want you all to come out individually and collectively in making Nigeria and Africa at large a great nation .”

The is coming few days after Obasanjo said if Jesus Christ were to be in Nigeria at this time, he would not keep quiet about the way the nation is being governed by President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

The former president called on all Christians to emulate the ways of Jesus Christ and speak up against the challenges in the country. He also urged clerics not to keep quiet, but to always speak the truth to power.

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension
Politics14 hours ago

Senate Pardons, Recalls Senator Abdul Ningi For Three Months Suspension

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Actress Fatima Usman Is Dead

Chelsea Agree 5-Year Deal With Enzo Maresca As New Manager To Replace Mauricio Pochettino

"If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs" – Saida Boj [Video]

“If A Man Can Spend N20M On Me Weekly, He Can Get In Between My Legs” – Saida Boj [Video]

"Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number" – Saida Boj [Video]

“Women Should Bill A Man 24 Hours After He Collects Their Number” – Saida Boj [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary [Video]

"To Gain Followers" - Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

“To Gain Followers” – Man Reveals Why He Accused E-Money Of Sleeping With Junior Pope’s Wife

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Davido Acquires New Cadillac Escalade SUV Worth Million Of Naira

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Sophia Momodu Tackles Israel DMW For Claiming Davido Sponsored Imade’s Travels

Woman Confronts Uche Maduagwu, Accuses Him Of Impregnating Her Sister And Avoiding Responsibility [Video]

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Nollywood Director Reginald Ebere Is Dead

Children’s Day: President Tinubu Vows To Help Nigerian Children Realise Their Dreams

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

Kogi Government Reacts To Killing Of Two Kidnapped CUSTECH University Students

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

US Actor, Johnny Wactor Shot Dead During Robbery Attack In Los Angeles

"Agent Of Darkness, I'm Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

“Agent Of Darkness, I’m Free From You” – Harrysong Replies Ex-Wife, Alexer Peres

Strategies for a profitable gold trading 4
Business2 days ago

Strategies for a profitable gold trading

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men - Ex-Wife, Alexer

Harrysong Still Bed Wets, His Mother Had 6 Kids For 6 Different Men – Ex-Wife, Alexer

“I'm Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

“I’m Not Happy On This Children’s Day” – Actress Toyin Abraham Addresses Parents

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds 5
Featured2 days ago

Faith Ene Ogwu: The 14-year-old Author Inspiring Young Minds

Ajayi Crowther University Expels Students Who Beat Colleague To Death Over Phone Theft
Metro2 days ago