Woman Locked Up For 2 Years By Her Brother To Stop Her From Going Back To Her Husband 3

A woman identified as Hassana Sale has regained her freedom after she was locked up in a dark room at their family residence for two years, to prevent her from going back to her estranged husband in Kaduna State.

A Kaduna based NGO, Arida Relief Foundation and a team of policemen from Rigasa area, were said to have found the mother of four in a “terrible state” locked up in the room by her elder brother, one Malam Lawal Sale over her intention to go back to her matrimonial home.

The founder of the NGO, Hajiya Rabi Salisu, who disclosed this to newsmen on Tuesday, said the victim became depressed when she was divorced by her husband, but due to the love for the children, visited them daily.

“She visits the children on daily basis, so the elder brother and the some of her relatives decided to lock her up in a dark room for two years so that she will not go back to her ex-husband,” she said.

“We have taken her to the hopital and when she becomes stable, she would be handed over to the state Ministry of Human Service and Social Development to pursue the matter.”

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the elder brother has already been arrested by the police.

Meanwhile, a viral video has emerged showing a woman being mercilessly flogged and humiliated by her brothers over an alleged extra-marital affair.

The woman was accused of cheating on her husband with another man. Her brothers who were angry at the report they got probably from her husband, stormed her home with canes and began to flog her.

Business18 hours ago