Entertainment

Naira Marley Reacts As Court Orders His Arrest For Stealing A Car With His Two Brothers 3

Tinubu Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on Monday ordered that a musician, Azeez Fashola a.k.a Naira Marley, should be arrested and arraigned for alleged car and phone theft.

Chief Magistrate Mr. Tajudeen Elias ordered that the Investigating Police Officer (IPO), Sgt. Sunday Idoko, handling the case must present Naira Marley in court on the next date of adjournment.

Naira Marley alongside his two brothers and a cousin were accused of stealing a Toyota Camry car with registration number FEE 120 AA valued at N1.8 million and an IPhone X5 worth N330,000 belonging to Mr. Adelekan Ademola.

Prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Edet Okoi told the court that the three defendants committed the offences on December 16, at Eko Hotel roundabout on Victoria Island, Lagos.

The incident was said to have happened when the Toyota Camry car belonging to Mr Ademola was hit from behind by Naira Marley’s car, while he was having a good time with his fans from afar, spraying money to them.

This according to reports got his brothers angry and it led to them assaulting the car owner. They jumped into his car and drove-off after satisfyingly assaulting the young man.

“One of the vehicles in the musiciaon’s motorcade hit the complainant’s vehicle from the back while he was throwing out money from his vehicle to his fans.

“When the complainant came down from the vehicle to inspect the damage, Obere entered into the complainant’s Camry and drove it off with the motorcade.

“Ademola reported to the police and the vehicle was tracked to where it was parked at Jakande Crescent, Oniru in Lagos.

“When the police arrived at the location in company with the complainant, Naira Marley and his boys started beating the complainant.

“A group of boys obstructed the police from arresting the musician but they were able to apprehend the three defendants,” prosecutor, ASP Edet Okoi alleged.

The defendants, Idris Fashola, 18, Babatunde Fashola, 24 and Kunle Obere, 22, are facing a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing, assault and obstructing the arrest of Naira Marley.

The chief magistrate granted the three defendants N500,000 bail with two sureties in the like sum.

He ordered the IPO to produce Naira Marley before the court on December 21, when the case would be listed for further hearing.

In a swift reaction on his Twitter page, Naira Marley denied being involved in any car theft, saying he owned more expensive cars.

He described the news as fake, alleging that it was an attempt to tarnish his image.

He wrote: “Car theft? maybe I need to post my Bentley, Porsche or benzo.

“If you lot like try stain my name from today till tomorrow I will still be the next president and who’s Adeyemi Fashola aka Naira Marley. Another free promo I’m guessing.”

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 6
Business18 hours ago