25-year-old bride identified as Alexandra Erokhova, has tragically died during her own wedding reception at Tsaritsyno Palace in Moscow, Russia.
Erokhova is believed to have suffered an anaphylactic shock caused by a nut allergy.
According to TheSun, she had an extreme reaction when she ate a sweet dish at the meal immediately following her nuptials.
Concerned guests rushed to assist the young bride who reportedly “began to suffocate at the table” at a lavish banquet hall. They called an ambulance to the Tsaritsyno Palace where the wedding party was held.
A resuscitation team arrived but “was unable to save the bride”. Doctors said she had suffered “anaphylactic shock”, commonly caused by a nut allergy.
Alexandra suffered from a nut allergy since she was a child and relatives were said to have told the chefs in advance, according to her family.
Sweet dishes served after the wedding were said to have contained nuts. Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding her death.
KanyiDaily had also reported how a 16-year-old bride fell inside a well and drowned while preparing for her wedding ceremony in Kano State.