Metro

22-year-old Nigerian man kills his Nigerian friend over $40 in United States

A 22-year-old Nigerian man Ofon Phillip Idiong has been arrested for killing his friend and age mate Brian Njoku.

22-year-old Nigerian man kills his Nigerian friend over $40 in United States 3

Brian was reportedly owing Ofon $40 (N15,000) and had been trying to pay via an online banking platform but wasn’t successful because the money kept reversing into his account.

Last week Monday (September 7th, 2020)  Ofon picked up Brian and they went to a mutual friend’s house at 8811 Gustine Lane, to watch a basketball match.

Ofon reportedly asked Brian for his money and hell broke loose as Brian tried explaining the challenges he was facing. An argument ensued and Ofon pulled out a gun and shot him.

According to City of Houston News, Houston Police Department patrol officers responded to a call at the crime scene and found Brian bleeding from gunshot wounds.

They administered first aid and rushed him to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Ofon initially fled the scene but returned and was interviewed by Houston police. He was subsequently charged for his role in Njoku’s death.

The Houston Police Department wrote in a statement posted on its website:

22-year-old Nigerian man kills his Nigerian friend over $40 in United States 4

Ofon

“Charges have been filed against a suspect arrested in the fatal shooting of a man at 8811 Gustine Lane that occurred about 10:30 p.m. on Monday (September 7).

“The suspect, Ofon Phillip Idiong (b/m, 22), is charged with murder in the 337th State District Court. A booking photo of Idiong is attached to this news release.

“The victim, Brian Njoku, 22, was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

“The security guard stated that prior to the shooting Njoku and another man were overheard arguing in front of the apartment. ” the state read

In other news, a motor-cyclist (Okada Man) today returned N700,000 to a woman who lost her bag. The kind man has been praised by Nigerians for his honesty.

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 5
Business18 hours ago