Sports

Messi Makes U-Turn, To Remain At Barcelona – See The Painful Reason Why He Cant Leave

Few days ago, Argentine footballer and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi submitted a request to leave the club after spending nearly two decades of his entire career with the Spanish giants, with whom he won six Ballon d’Or.

Messi Makes U-Turn, To Remain At Barcelona - See The Painful Reason Why He Cant Leave 5

The 33-year-old Argentina international sent a fax to the club on Tuesday, August 25, 2020, saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

The clause in his contract which allowed him to leave for free, if he informed the club of his desire before 10 June.

Unfortunately, his request was denied and lawyers were called in. After much deliberations, Lionel Messi has announced that he’ll remain at Barcelona and below is the heart-breaking reason:

Messi Makes U-Turn, To Remain At Barcelona - See The Painful Reason Why He Cant Leave 6

Speaking publicly spoken for the first time about his desire to leave Barcelona, Messi said:

“I thought and was sure that I was free to leave, the president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I stayed or not,” he said.

“Now they cling to the fact that I did not say it before June 10, when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for La Liga in the middle of this awful coronavirus and this disease altered all the season.

“And this is the reason why I am going to continue in the club. Now I am going to continue in the club because the president told me that the only way to leave was to pay the €700 million (£624m) clause, and that this is impossible.”

More Lionel Messi News:

1. Man Believed To Be Lionel Messi Accused Of Conning 23 Women Into Sleeping With Him [Photos]
  2. Having Sex with Messi was Like Doing it with a Dead Body – Argentine Model Xoana Gonzalez
  3. Barcelona star Lionel Messi flaunts new bleach blonde hairstyle

"You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me" - Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

“You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me” – Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

"No Bow Leg In Our Family" – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

“No Bow Leg In Our Family” – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

I Took Junior Pope Like A Brother But He Stabbed Me In The Back Repeatedly – Yul Edochie

"Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics" – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

“Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics” – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

Spyro Reveals Why He Would Never Be In The Same Room With BBNaija Star, Nengi

Former Labour Minister, Ajibola Afonja Is Dead

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News1 day ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News2 days ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 9
World News2 days ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]