Nigerian Government uncovers plans by deadly boko haram to strike Abuja

The federal government has reportedly uncovered plans by the deadly Boko Haram sect to unleash coordinated attacks on the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and has strategically established camps in five locations around Abuja.

Nigerian Government uncovers plans by deadly boko haram to strike Abuja 3

The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), in an internal memo with reference number NCS/ENF/ABJ/180/SI/VOL11, alerted it’s officials to the report.

The memo was signed on September 4, 2020, by the Comptroller Enforcement of the NCS, H.A. Sabo, on behalf of the Deputy Comptroller General Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection.

It reads,

“Further reports have it that they are planning to attack some select targets within the territory.

“They are reported to have set up their camps in the following identified enclaves: Kunyam bush along airport road off DIA staff quarters, Abuja, Robochi/Gwagwalada forest, Kwaku forest Kuje -Abuja, Unaisha forest in Tata Local Government of Nasarawa State, Gegu Forest close to Idu town in Kogi State.”

Presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, who confirmed the intelligence report to ThisDay, said the Customs was not meant to issue the memo as the report was being handled confidentially.

“The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hamid Ali (Rtd) has confirmed that the intelligence arm of the agency made certain discoveries of security nature and in line with their duty to the nation, they have drawn the attention of security and intelligence agencies to what they found.

“He has, however, not authorised the issuance of any internal memo to his commands on the subject of their discovery.”

ALSO READ: Aisha Buhari Chased Garba Shehu Out Of Aso Rock, Force Him To Wear Visitor’s Tag – Nnamdi Kanu

More Garba Shehu News:

1. Aisha Accuses Mamman Daura Of Using Garba Shehu To Execute Presidential Orders Without Buhari’s Knowledge
  2. Aisha Buhari Blasts Garba Shehu: You Cannot Continue Taking Instruction From Mamman Daura Instead Of Buhari
  3. Presidency Reacts To Ongoing Killings In Southern Kaduna, Says Its Fuelled By Politics And Religion

Business18 hours ago