Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has released the names of 20 police officers currently facing prosecution over human rights violations in the state.
The governor shared the following on his social media page;
“Today seems like a good day to get on to the work of rebuilding Lagos and ending police brutality. To show our commitment to the latter, here is a list of ongoing prosecution of police officers for offences related to the violation of human rights in Lagos.”
1. State of Lagos v. 1. Insp. Surulere Irede 2. Sgt. Sunday Ogunyemi 3. Corp. Hezekiah Babatunde – Manslaughter. Adjourned to 13/11/2020. Justice Ogunsanya
2. State of Lagos v. Ogunyemi Olalekan – Murder. Adjourned to 5/11/2020. Hon Justice Coker.
3. State of Lagos v. Sgt. Gbanwuan Isaac – Grievous Bodily Harm. Set for arraignment. Justice Sholadoye.
4. State of Lagos v. Aminu Joseph – Murder. Adjournment date to be announced. Hon Justice Nicole Clay.
5. State of Lagos v. Sgt. Alechenu Benedict – Armed Robbery. Arraigned. Hon Justice Coker.
6. State of Lagos v. Sgt. Adebayo Abdullah – Involuntary Manslaughter. Adjourned to 28/11/2020. Hon Justice Coker.
7. State of Lagos v. Insp. A Mohammed and 2 ORS – Armed Robbery. Adjourned to 10/11/2020. Hon Justice Sonaike.
8. State of Lagos v. Matthew Ohansi – Murder. Adjourned to 19/11/2020
9. State of Lagos v. 1. Sgt. Segun Okun 2. Capt. Adekunle Oluwarotimi – Manslaughter and Attempted Murder. Last adjournment date 15/7/2020, Court to give next date. Hon Justice Nicole Clay.
10. State of Lagos v. Adamu Dare – Murder. Last adjournment date 29/09/2020, Court to give next date. Hon Justice Nicole Clay
11. State of Lagos v. Sgt. Mark Argo and 5 ORS – Conspiracy and Armed Robbery. Next adjournment date 18/11/2020. Hon Justice Nicole Clay.
12. State of Lagos v. Corp. Pepple Boma – Manslaughter. Court to give next date. Hon Justice Nicole Clay.
13. State of Lagos v. Insp. Emmanuel Akpobana – Attempted Murder. Court to give ruling date. Hon Justice Balogun.
14. State of Lagos v. Emmanuel Uyankweke – Involuntary Manslaughter. Case part held. Hon Justice Akintoye.
15. State of Lagos v. Akanbi Lukmon – Involuntary Manslaughter. Information filed.
16. State of Lagos v. Edokhe Omokhide – Murder. Adjourned to 12/11/2020. Hon Justice Akinkigbe
17. State of Lagos v. Afolabi Saka – Murder. Newly filed.
18. State of Lagos v. Monday Gabriel – Murder. Newly filed.
19. State of Lagos v. Yahya Adeshina. Involuntary Manslaughter. Ready for filing.
20. State of Lagos v. Aremu Museliu – Murder. Ready for arraignment. Hon Justice Shonaike
KanyiDaily recalls that Ogun State Government had aslo invited the general public to monitor the criminal cases against four defendant police officers allegedly involved in human rights violations in the state.
NDLEA Busts Trans-border Cartel, Arrests 5 Kingpins, Seizes Skunk, Meth In Compressors
…Intercepts 2,601.5kgs Cannabis; 102,500 Opioid Pills In 8 States Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have successfully...
“If Your First Child Is Not Up To 18-Years-Old, Address Me As ‘Sir'” – Yul Edochie Warns
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has taken to social media to reveal why Nigerians should address him as “Sir”. Sharing a...
“We All Need To Have Common Sense And Be Extremely Obidient” – Destiny Etiko Warns Nigerians
Nollywood actress, Destiny Etiko has taken to social media to warn Nigerians about their choice of candidate ahead of the...
Passengers Trapped As Container Falls On Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge [Photos/Video]
A truck carrying a container has fallen on a commercial bus filled with passengers at Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos State....
Nigerians React To CBN Extension Of Deadline For Old Naira Notes
Some Nigerians on Twitter have reacted to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) extension of the deadline for the swapping...
Pretty Mike Storms Wedding As One-Eyed Man Leading Blind Women [Video]
Nigerian socialite, Pretty Mike has stormed a wedding as a one-eyed man accompanied by women whose eyes were closed. In a...
She Is An Exemplar In Social Consciousness – Peter Obi Appreciates Secondary School Girl Donation
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in next month’s general election, Peter Obi has appreciated the donation of...
“I Am Taken” – BBNaija’s Whitemoney Says As He Unveils New Girlfriend [Video]
Big Brother Naija Season 6 winner, Hazel Oyeze Onoduenyi, popularly known as Whitemoney, has unveiled his lover on social media. In a...
Breaking News: CBN Extends Date For Return Of Old Naira Notes
The Central Bank of Nigeria has extended the terminal date for the return of all old Naira notes to 10th...
New Naira: CBN Deadline Is Like Judgement Day – Reno Omokri
A former presidential aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has likened the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) deadline for...