in

Three Injured As Muslims And Christians Clash Over Use Of Hijab In Kwara Schools [Video]

Muslims wants female students to be allowed to use hijab Kwara school, but their Christian counterparts kicked against it.

Aleast three people sustained varying degrees of injury during a clash between Muslims and Christians on Wednesday in Ilorin, Kwara State.

Three Injured As Muslims And Christians Clash Over Use Of Hijab In Kwara Schools [Video] 1

The violence started on Wednesday morning after Kwara Government reopened 10 schools that were shutdown last month over the use of hijab by Muslim female students.

Kwara government had approved the use of hijab by Muslim schoolgirls in all public schools in the state, but Christian institutions kicked against it openly, insisting that they will not allow such in their mission schools.

The government had earlier in February ordered the temporary closure of ten schools pending the resolution of the controversy in the schools.

The schools are C&S College, ST. Anthony College, ECWA School, Surulere Baptist Secondary School, Bishop Smith Secondary School, CAC Secondary School, St. Barnabas Secondary School, St. John School, St. Williams Secondary School and St. James Secondary School.

READ ALSO  Reno Omokri replies Daddy Freeze for calling out Apostle Suleman who reportedly bought a private jet.

The affected schools were established by Christian missionaries, but now funded by the state government after a forceful takeover of all mission schools in the country in 1975 by the Nigerian government.

The Christians angered by the situation said the government should wait for the outcome of the judgement of the Supreme Court before fully taking over the schools.

Although the ownership of the ten schools is still pending in the Supreme Court, Kwara Government announced the reopening of the school on Tuesday night.

The decision did not go down well with the Christian leaders who kicked against it and urged its members “to occupy the schools” when they reopen today in protest of the government’s resolution.

READ ALSO  Police Arrests 23-Year-Old Man Who Stole 273 Phones Worth N15 Million In Katsina [Photos]

Violence erupted on Wednesday after Christian officials of Baptist School, Surulere disallowed the girls in Hijab from gaining access into the school.

This did not go down well with Muslim parents, leading to arguments and eventual clash between members of both faith over the use of hijab.

The situation grew worse as angry Christian and Muslim faithful threw various objects including stones and plastic chairs at themselves.

The security operatives close to the school had to call for reinforcement to calm the situation. The operatives dispersed them with tear gas.

READ ALSO  Boko Haram Insurgents Hits Maiduguri Again Immediately After Buhari’s Condolence Visit

Watch the videos below:

 

KanyiDaily recalls that the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III had said he’s looking forward to a better Nigeria where Muslims are allowed to wear hijab anywhere without restriction.

READ ALSO  Arsenal Star Mesut Ozil Marries In Istanbul, With Turkish President Erdogan As His Best Man [Photos]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian Man, Chigozie Eze Squanders His Company's N20 Million On Online Betting 11

Nigerian Man, Chigozie Eze Squanders His Company’s N20 Million On Online Betting

Buhari Names Abuja Expressway After President Of Niger Republic, Issoufou Mahamadou 12

Buhari Names Abuja Expressway After President Of Niger Republic, Issoufou Mahamadou