Politics

National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance (CAGG), Olusegun Bamgbose says Nigeria needs a superstar to take over from President Muhammadu Buhari after his tenure in 2023.

2023 Election: Nigeria Needs A Superstar To Replace Buhari, Not Atiku Or Tinubu – Bamgbose 3

Bamgbose, who is a chieftain of New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), said that the greatest mistake the electorate will ever make will be to install a politician without a clear-cut mission to take over from Buhari.

He noted that the former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP}, Atiku Abubakar and the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, do not possess the needed qualities to rescue Nigeria from impending doom.

“Nigeria will need a superstar to succeed Buhari come 2023, anything short of this may spell doom for this country,” the senior lawyer told DAILY POST on Friday.

“Nigeria will need someone that is above board, a man that won’t give corruption a breathing space, a highly detribalized man. A man who is fearless, focussed, and friendly.

READ:  Desmond Elliot Condemns 'Senseless Attack' On His Opponent, Olumide Oworu In Lagos

“Most unfortunately Atiku and Tinubu, major contenders, do not have these qualities.

“The biggest nightmare in the political history of Nigeria will be to make a wrong choice of who succeeds Buhari.

“Presently we are faced with the challenges of insecurity, a battered economy, poverty, unemployment, hardship, and corruption, I seriously doubt the survival of this country without a man of mission and passion.

“Nigeria will need the emergence of her Messiah come 2023. Once we miss it in 2023, Nigeria may crash and implode.

“We need a leader that will be determined to once and for all clean up the system and the polity. The truth is that presently our nation is seriously sick and gasping for breath.

READ:  ‘I was not speeding when my car fell into the ocean - rescued driver

“Nigeria will need a superstar to succeed Buhari. We don’t need a leader with a mansion, but one with a mission.

“We don’t need a leader with wealth but one with wisdom. Buhari’s successor has a lot of work to do. Nigeria undoubtedly will need a leader that won’t give excuses for his non-performance.

“The reality is that the system has collapsed and messed up, the incoming President should not be one that will tell Nigerians that it will take 4 years for him to clear the mess.

“We need a leader that should be prepared to lay down his life to move the nation forward. Such a leader should be discovered and elected as the next President of Nigeria.”

Meanwhile, a former governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha has expressed optimism that he would contest and win the 2023 presidential election.

READ:  BREAKING: Governor Hope Uzodinma Wins Imo State Guber Election (INEC Official Results Included)

Business20 hours ago