Celebrities

American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony

American actress and Insecure star Issa Rae over the weekend got married to her long-time boyfriend Louis Diame.

American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 5

The private and romantic wedding was held in the south of France.

Issa Rae announced her marriage to Louis Diame in the most Issa Rae way possible leaving her fans and followers confused.

She shared the pictures from her intimate wedding on Instagram and wrote:

Impromptu photoshoot in a custom Vera Wang dress. My girls came to help me but they all coincidentally had on the same dress! They were sooooooo embarrassed. Then I took a few clicks with somebody’s husband.

American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 6

The actress and the businessman stirred speculation that they were engaged in 2019 after she appeared to be wearing an engagement ring on the cover of “Essence” magazine.
Neither commented or confirmed the news at the time.

But when appearing on The View after the reveal, the actress brushed off the speculation by sharing, “I’ve got a lot of rings on my finger. I wear jewelry, you know?

However, her co-stars Yvonne Orji and Jay Ellis confirmed the engagement news when speaking with reporters.

“We’re very excited for her,” Yvonne shared with Entertainment Tonight, with Jay adding, “We all found out in different ways because we’re all on different text chains. We talk at different times, so we all found out at different times in different ways.”

Throughout her career, Issa has tried her best to keep her personal life away from the limelight. While appearing in the March 2018 issue of Vogue, the actress was asked if she was dating anyone.

“I don’t want any input,” she shared with the publication. “As a writer, you put everything on the table. I’ll take input on kids if I’m going to have kids. How do I not kill the kids? Work? Give me the input. Any other aspect of my life? Give me the input. But who I’m f–king? No, I don’t need input. I’m good.”

Pictures from the wedding below:

American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 7
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 8
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 9

Who is Issa Rae married to?

According to what appears to be his private LinkedIn page, Diame is allegedly an independent banking professional in the greater Los Angeles area. He has also been identified as a “Senegalese businessman.”

American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 10
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 11
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 12
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 13
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 14
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 15
American Actress Issa Rae marries Businessman Louis Diame in intimate ceremony 16

"Don’t Mix Up My Tweets" - Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding
Entertainment23 mins ago

“Don’t Mix Up My Tweets” – Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

"I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman" – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

“I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman” – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

"My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

“My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

"Don't Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma's Wedding" - Do2dtun Warns Artists

“Don’t Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma’s Wedding” – Do2dtun Warns Artists

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 17
News23 hours ago

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters

Yul Edochie Places N1m Bounty On People Plotting To Hurt His Children, Kill Judy Austin

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” - Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chivido 2024: “Oya Come My Wedding” – Davido Taunts People Claiming He’s Too Accessible

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Chelsea Agrees £19m Deal With Aston Villa For Teenager Star, Omari Kellyman

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him - Sophia Momodu

Davido Abandoned Imade Because I Refused To Sleep With Him – Sophia Momodu

Unregistered Tiger Nut Drinks Caused Lagos Cholera Outbreak, Death Toll Rises To 24
Health2 days ago

Sister Of Abuja Cab Driver Accused By Daniella Peters Denies Kidnap Allegations [Video]

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Ayra Starr Reveals Why She Can No Longer Stand Straight

Fubara Appoints Wodo To Replace Wike’s Ally Awuse As Chairman Of Rivers Traditional Rulers Council

Dammy Krane Continues 'Murder' Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

Dammy Krane Continues ‘Murder’ Allegations Against Davido Despite Cease And Desist Letter

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja - BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

How I Was Almost Kidnapped By A Cab Driver In Abuja – BBNaija’s Daniella Peters

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Davido Issues Cease And Desist To Dammy Krane, Threatens Defamation Lawsuit

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja
Metro3 days ago

Journalist Joe Waksi Found Dead Days After He Was Declared Missing In Abuja

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger - Joe Igbokwe

A Man Can Have 5 Girlfriends, But If Your Wife Dates Another Man, Your Life Is In Danger – Joe Igbokwe