Metro

Woman Killed As Gunmen Kidnap Imo Monarch Travelling With His Little Daughter

A woman has been killed on Sunday when unknown gunmen abducted a traditional ruler at Y-Junction, Ubomiri in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State.

Woman Killed As Gunmen Kidnap Imo Monarch Travelling With His Little Daughter

According to The Nation, the monarch was travelling with his little daughter when the abductors overtook his Range Rover on Orlu Road and forced him to stop during a heavy downpour on Sunday afternoon.

A source said a royal cap belonging to the monarch, whose identity is yet to be ascertained, was found inside the car.

“The man was travelling in a Range Rover with a girl. The girl and the monarch’s royal cap were found in the car,” the source said.

According to the source, a motorist trying to flee the scene knocked down a woman.

“The man, while trying to run away, crushed a woman to death,” the source said.

READ:  Drama As NIPOST Workers Reject CEO Appointed By Tinubu, Stops Her From Entering Office

An eyewitness told Vanguard that the kidnappers doubled crossed the vehicle of the monarch and as a result of the sporadic shooting one person was reportedly killed and about 2 two persons were injured.

According to him, “The kidnappers overtake the Range Rover of the traditional ruler forced him out of the car with a little child and drove towards Orlu axis.

“Many people while running got injured and wounded in the process. And we were told that about two or three persons got bullet wounds. One person they said was dead.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Michael Abattam, a Chief Superintendent of Police, said he would confirm and get back to newsmen.

This comes just a few weeks after gunmen abducted the traditional ruler, Eze Aloysius Igwe of Umuezeala in Ama Autonomous Community of Ehime Mbano Local Government Area in Imo State.

READ:  Nigerian Government Approves Construction Six New Colleges Of Education Across The Country

Business18 hours ago