2023: Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele Picks N100 Million APC Presidential Form

The Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele has picked the N100 million presidential nomination forms to contest the presidency on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Godwin Emefiele Joins Presidential Race

The CBN governor picked his form on Friday at the office of party’s organising secretary, at the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja, Daily Trust reported.

Emefiele has been rumoured to be in the race for the APC presidential ticket to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari since late 2021.

He has not refuted or confirmed the reports but said he was focusing on supporting the government’s efforts to strengthen the Nigerian economy.

READ:  How DAAR Communications Chairman, Raymond Dokpesi Was Arrested By UK Police

In February when a ‘group of his friends’, tagged ‘Friends of Godwin Emefiele’, visited him to discuss the controversy over his presidential ambition in 2023, Emefiele had said it was in the hands of God.

“Given that it’s God that anoints leaders, he will leave his faith (sic) firmly in the hands of God,” he was quoted to have said.

Emefiele is now up against Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; Governors Yahaya Bello (Kogi), Dave Umahi (Ebonyi), Mohammed Badaru (Jigawa) and at least five ministers for the APC presidential ticket.

KanyiDaily recalls that the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovations, Ogbonnaya Onu had also announced his interest to join the APC presidential race.

READ:  Nigerian Police Commission Declares Indefinite Strike Over ‘Breach Of Working Conditions’