Weddings

Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State

Two visually impaired lovers have walked down the aisle in Anambra State amid celebrations with over 15 Catholic priests and government representatives in attendance.

Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State

The groom identified as Thankgod Ohaeri, a legal practitioner and the bride, Amarachi Nwokedi, a staff of Anambra State Ministry of Education, tied the knot at St. Peter’s Catholic Church Nkwelle, Awka on Saturday, May 21.

Thankgod hails from Ohokobe Ndume Ibeku, Umuahia North Local Government Area, Abia State, while his wife, Amarachi Nwokedi, is an indigene of Umunnebuogbu Okohia, Ihiala, Ihiala council area, Anambra State.

Speaking with the Anambra State Broadcasting Service, ABS, the excited groom recounted how he met his wife and how he was discouraged by a lot of people from marrying her. Mr ThankGod asserted that he got to realize that there is ‘ability in every disability’.

In his words:

“Today, I feel great walking down the aisle with my lovely wife. It was indeed ordained by God. By the grace of God I feel I have moved to the next level of life. I met my wife when I was a student. She was living close to my apartment and I was the one helping her. So from there, we fell in love and that’s what led to today’s occasion,”

“There were many challenges, but with God on our side we have been scaling through. Though my wife is blind, she’s doing well. It is a thing of joy to be with her. When I said I want to marry, many people were against me, but as a man I know what I want and I went for it.

“I realized that there is ability in disability, that a person is blind doesn’t mean he/she can’t go to school. My wife is a civil servant and works in the Ministry of Education. So I wish we will continue in the mutual understanding we have built because understanding matters so much in any marriage.”

The bride while speaking described the moment as the best time in her life and revealed what attracted her to her husband.

She said:

“This is the best time of my life since I was born. Thanks be to God for achieving my dream. I was attracted to my husband because he is a God-fearing person, nice and loving.”

See photos below:

Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State

Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State 7 Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State 8 Visually Impaired Lovers Tie The Knot In Anambra State 9

In other news, former lawmaker, Shehu Sani has reacted to the gruesome killing of Anambra lawmaker, Okechukwu Okoye.

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 10
Business18 hours ago