“We Have Left Everything To God” – Deborah Samuel’s Parents Speak On Her Murder

The parents of late Deborah Samuel, a Christian female student at Shehu Shagari College of Education in Sokoto State, have reacted to the killing of their daughter.

"We Have Left Everything To God" - Deborah Samuel’s Parents Speak On Her Murder

Deborah Samuel Parents

On Thursday, May 22, Deborah was beaten and burnt to death by her Muslim colleagues over alleged blasphemous remarks considered to be an insult to Prophet Mohammed

In an interview with Daily Post, the deceased’s parents said they are saddened by their daughters killing, adding that they have handed everything to God because there is nothing that can be done about the situation.

Deborah’s father, Mr. Emmanuel Garba, a security personnel with the Niger State Water Works Cooperation, also narrated how he paid N120,000 to convey his daughter’s corpse from Sokoto to Niger after convincing the Sokoto state government to allow him to bury his child.

Garba said, “We can’t say or do anything, except to take it easy as an act of God. We have left all to God, we have decided to take it like that.

“I personally went and brought back the body of my daughter to enable me to bury my own child. This is because keeping her in the morgue will not return her back.

READ:  24-Year-Old Lady Commits Suicide After Boyfriend Dumped Her And Impregnated Another Woman

“When I got there, I met government officials and made them understand the need to allow me take her back home and they agreed with me. When we got to the morgue, those in charge asked me to sign the necessary documents and I did. They released the corpse to me.

“I personally, paid the sum of N120,000 to the driver out of many that refused to convey her back home and it is because of the condition of the remains. Most drivers we approached all refused except one.

“The government wanted me to leave the remains, when they called me, I said no, they should allow me to please, bury my daughter.”

Alheri Emmanuel, the mother of the deceased, said Deborah was the second out of seven children, adding that it’s so sad to have lost her at such a young age, whom they were relying on to help support them in the future.

READ:  Abike Dabiri Accuses Ali Pantami Of Using 'Gunmen' To Chase Her Staffs Out Of Office [Video]

She said, “I have nothing to say, I am grateful to God and for your efforts. I have given God my heart and may God strengthen me. We have nothing to say.

“Because of what happened to me, I will no longer send my children to schools where so much money is involved. Because of her education, the education of some of her siblings suffered as it is so difficult to care for them all at the same time. And, now things are difficult for us.”

Also, her elder brother, Nakaka Garba, when asked for his reaction, he simply stated, “I have nothing to say, we are pained by what happened, but we have left all to God.”

On why their daughter answered Deborah ‘Samuel’ instead of ‘Garba’, the father further added, “she has been living with my brother since she was in primary school and had been using the name”.

READ:  Ekiti State PDP Insists Aisha Buhari Travelled To Qatar Not America [PHOTOS]

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily recalls that Kaduna-based Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has condemned the killing of Deborah Samuel, stressing that Prophet Muhammad did not kill those who insulted him during his lifetime.

READ:  Over 27 Dead As Bombs Explode In Philippines Catholic Church - BREAKING NEWS

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]
Celebrities18 mins ago

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]

Nigerians Reacts As Seun Kuti Bows To Greet Will Smith’s Daughter, Willow [Video]

There's Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

There’s Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

Multichoice Reduces Prices For DStv, GOtv Packages After Losing Million Subscribers
News16 hours ago

"Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

“Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

"Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

“Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

Eedris Abdulkareem Drags Pastor Adeboye, President Tinubu In New Song, ‘Emi Lokan’

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil - Toke Makinwa

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil – Toke Makinwa

“Women Are The Reason Why Some Men Aren’t Responsible Fathers” – Daddy Freeze Replies Kate Henshaw

Wizkid's Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Wizkid’s Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Anita Okoye Celebrates Ex-Husband Paul Okoye On Father’s Day Despite His Remarriage

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead