Categories: Entertainment

Obi Cubana Addresses Shooting Incident Involving Burna Boy At His Lagos Nightclub

The Chairman of Cubana Group, Obinna Iyiegbu, popularly known as Obi Cubana, has addressed the shooting incident Involving police officers attached to popular singer, Burna Boy, at Cubana Nightclub in Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Obi Cubana and Burna Boy

KanyiDaily had reported that five policemen attached to the singer were arrested for attempted murder after they shot two fun seekers, Irebami Lawrence and another identified simply as Tolu, at Club Cubana in Lagos on Wednesday.

It was gathered that the incident happened when Lawrence kicked against Burna Boy’s attempt ‘to move on his wife’, insisting that it was disrespectful for any man to make advances at his wife.

During the heated confrontation, one of Burna Boy’s police escorts identified as Ibrahim was said to have shot Lawrence in the thigh while his friend, Tolu, was hit in the head by a bullet.

Reacting to the allegation, Burna Boy said he was not shocked by the reports linking him to the incident, stressing that even if it was reported on social media that he started Boko Haram, he won’t be surprised.

On Monday morning, Neme Briella, a UK-based Nigerian lady Whose husband was shot while trying to resist Burna Boy’s approach, shared her side of the story.

She also revealed that Obi Cubana only reached out to them four days after the incident and had yet to release a close circuit tv footage or press statement on the issue.

Reacting on his Instagram page, the businessman sympathised with all the people who were affected by the incident, adding that his company has given all information at its disposal to “the legal authorities.”

Cubana wrote, “As regards the issues making the rounds on social media, we at Cubana Group have given all information at our disposal to the legal authorities.

“However, we wholeheartedly sympathise with any/all those who may have been impacted by this. I and our group would never compromise standards, as we have confidence in the authorities to handle all. Best regards.”

KanyiDaily recalls that the Lagos Police Command had revealed that the two officers involved had been detained, while Burna Boy would be invited and interrogated about the incident.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

I’ll swim Atlantic For Tinubu If He Practises What We Fought For – Dele Momodu

Former presidential candidate Dele Momodu said he would support President Bola Tinubu if his administration…

6 hours ago

Diana Eneje Announces Her Engagement To Pascal Godwin [Photos]

Nigerian fashion influencer Diana Eneje has announced her engagement to businessman Pascal Godwin after keeping…

7 hours ago

Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid ul Mawlid

The Federal Government has announced Tuesday, August 25, 2026, as a public holiday to celebrate…

7 hours ago

Adeleke Belong To Us, 2027 lEction Will Be Concluded Before It Starts – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, said he is focused on strengthening…

8 hours ago

“Nobody Can Stop Davido From Coming To Edo” – Israel DMW Replies Okpebholo’s Aide

Israel DMW, the logistics manager of Afrobeats star Davido, has dismissed the claim that the…

9 hours ago

“We Don’t Want To See You Again” – Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]

The Senior Special Assistant to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy…

9 hours ago