Grammy award-winning singer, Burna Boy has finally broken his silence after he was dragged on social media over the alleged shooting of two fun-seekers by his police escort at Cubana Nightclub in Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Burna Boy Club Shooting
KanyiDaily had reported that five policemen attached to the singer were arrested for attempted murder after they shot two fun seekers, Irebami Lawrence and another identified simply as Tolu, at Club Cubana in Lagos on Wednesday.
It was gathered that the incident happened when Lawrence kicked against Burna Boy’s attempt ‘to move on his wife’, insisting that it was disrespectful for any man to make advances at his wife.
During the heated confrontation, one of Burna Boy’s police escorts identified as Ibrahim was said to have shot Lawrence in the thigh while his friend, Tolu, was hit in the head by a bullet.
Police spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi has revealed that the two officers involved had been detained, while Burna Boy would be invited and interrogated about the incident.
Burna Boy Breaks His Silence
Reacting on his Twitter page on Wednesday, the singer said he was not shocked by the reports linking him to the incident, stressing that even if it was reported on social media that he started Boko Haram, he won’t be surprised.
“Nigerian Social media can say BURNA BOY started Boko haram, e no go shock me,” he wrote.
Nigerian Social media can say BURNA BOY started Boko haram, e no go shock me.
— Burna Boy (@burnaboy) June 15, 2022
KanyiDaily recalls that Nigerian Investigative journalist, David Hundeyin had slammed Burna Boy for laughing at the victims while his police escort “shoots innocent people just minding their business.”