FG’s Ultimate Goal Is To Eliminate Nigeria’s Insecurity By December – Rauf Aregbesola

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola has assured Nigerian that the federal government is working to end the nation’s security challenges by December.

FG's Ultimate Goal Is To Eliminate Nigeria's Insecurity By December - Rauf Aregbesola

Rauf Aregbesola Speaks On Insecurity In Nigeria

Speaking at a joint security press conference in Abuja, the minister said that the federal government “will not rest” till peace is restored to all parts of the country.

According to him, the security agencies are working to “eliminate” those causing violent attacks in the country with December as the deadline.

Aregbesola said, “Nigerians have the assurance of all of us that their security is guaranteed. So, we’re here to assure you that you’re safe; that is why we’re here on the instructions of the president that you’re safe and that each day going to December, our safety and security will be better.

“What we face mostly now are clashes of cowardly attacks from those that have been routed in one locality or the other moving to give a false impression that they’re still strong.

READ:  Man Who Beheaded Lover After Sex Hangs Himself In Police Custody

“Our ultimate goal is to eliminate them altogether and restore total peace in every inch of the Nigerian soil; that we’re going to do by God’s grace, by December of this year.

“It is sounding tall, but take it home, we’re determined to ensure that every inch of the Nigerian soil is safe. The determination is there and the order has been given.

“But we shall continue to protect the lives and property of Nigerians and foreigners in our midst. We shall continue to work for the peace of the nation and deter elements that constitute threats to the people.

“We shall bear the full powers of the government to secure every inch of our land. We shall not rest until peace is fully restored in Nigeria,” he added.

KanyiDaily recalls that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed had also claimed that the worst of insecurity is over and peace is gradually returning across Nigeria.

READ:  FBI's Most Wanted Nigerian Criminal Tobechi Onwuhara Arrested In Australia

Entertainment46 mins ago