Man City Player, Benjamin Mendy Found ‘Not Guilty’ Of Raping 19-Year-Old Woman
Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy has been found not guilty of one count of rape on the direction of the judge at his trial at Chester crown court.
Benjamin Mendy Cleared Of One Count Of Rape
KanyiDaily recalls that last year, the 28-year-old footballer was charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault at Chester Magistrates’ Court.
A few weeks ago, a 22-year-old woman, who is one of Mendy’s alleged rape victims, confessed that she felt pressured by police to help bring charges against the footballer.
The woman is one of three who claim the French international raped them at a two-day pool party at his £4.8million mansion in Prestbury, Cheshire, last summer.
The woman said she had not initially considered her encounter with Mendy to be rape and told officers she didn’t want to get involved in the case, but she said she was pressured by police to help bring charges against the footballer.
On Tuesday, September 13, Mendy was cleared of the rape of a 19-year-old woman at his home in Prestbury, but he’s still on trial for multiple alleged sexual offences.
Judge Stephen Everett ordered the jury to clear the defendants of those counts after the prosecution offered no further evidence and formal not guilty counts were entered.
He had warned jurors not to speculate as to why the prosecution had decided not to pursue guilty verdicts and to continue to “faithfully” try the defendants on the multiple charges they still face.
Benjamin Mendy still stands accused of seven counts of rape, one account of sexual assault and one attempted rape. He denies all charges.
KanyiDaily recalls that Manchester United player, Mason Greenwood was arrested after being accused of sexual assault and domestic violence by his girlfriend, Harriet Robson.