Entertainment

NBA Youngboy Regrets Making Violent Music, Says He’s Converting To Mormon [Video]

American rapper, NBA YoungBoy has expressed regret over the content of his lyrics, vowing to stop making violent music by the direction of his raps.

NBA Youngboy Regrets Making Violent Music, Says He Wants To Convert To Mormonism

The 23-year-old rapper, who disclosed this in an interview with Billboard, also revealed he plans to become a Mormon, crediting the Christian theology with helping pull him out of a dark place.

YB said his support of Mormonism began after being visited by missionaries while on house arrest in Utah, crediting his change of mindset to his budding connection to the Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

NBA Youngboy said he instinctively turned the missionaries away the first time they appeared on his doorstep, before having second thoughts and welcoming them into his home.

“I wanted help very badly. I needed a friend. And it hit me,” he admitted. “It was just cool to see someone with a different mindset that had nothing to do with business or money — just these wonderful souls.”

READ:  Jada Pinkett-Smith Is Surprised At People Buying R.Kelly's Songs Despite Child Abuse Allegations

The missionaries then began visiting the rapper’s home every day, where they would engage in talks with him about The Book of Mormon and sought to “make sure” YoungBoy’s “heart was in the right space” for his official baptism into the church.

He said he plans to become baptized into The Church of Latter-Day Saints after his house arrest is over.

“Even when my negative thoughts come back, when I do want to tell them, ‘Not today,’ I just don’t let nothing stop it,” the rapper said.

Elsewhere in the interview, NBA YoungBoy said his newfound interest in Mormonism has partially inspired him to rap less violent lyrics on some of his new music.

READ:  Davido's Alleged Girlfriend, Ama Reginald Reportedly Sleeping In Singer's House (Details)

“What if they don’t like me now?” he said, wondering about his fans’ thoughts on his newfound approach.

“I’m not changing. I will not be provoked, I will not be broken, and I’m not going back to who I used to be. Accept it or not — I ain’t going back.”

YB also tapped into a similarly vulnerable perspective when reflecting on his uniquely prolific creative output, which he likens to both a disease and an addiction.

“I wish I knew when I was younger how unhealthy this was for me. Whatever type of energy I had inside me, I would’ve pushed it toward something else,” he said.

READ:  "I Just Got Myself A New Whip" - James Brown Show Off His Range Rover Car [Video]

Reflecting more on his music, namely what he perceives as its potential impact on listeners, YB expressed a change in how he looks at his work now versus how he viewed it when he was younger.

Specifically, when discussing “the shit I put in these people’s ears,” the artist touched on a sense of responsibility he now feels and his desire “to clean whatever I can clean” in the years ahead.

“I think about how many lives I actually am responsible for when it comes to my music,? YB said before diving into several hypothetical scenarios, including asking? How many people have put this shit in their ears and actually went and hurt someone?” he asked

Deeper into his candor on this topic, which also saw him touching on having been brought up around a lot of fucked-up shit, YB shared an apology. “I was wrong, he said. “And I’m sorry.”

READ:  Olamide, Do2dtun, other celebrities mourn late singer, Mohbad

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily had also reported how Floyd Mayweather’s daughter, Iyanna Yaya was arrested for allegedly stabbing the NBA YoungBoy’s baby mama during a fight.

READ:  Nigerian Celebrities Reacts As Mr Eazi Show Off His Housing Project In Rwanda [Photos/Video]

Harrysong’s Ex-Wife Reacts After He Accused Her Of Getting Pregnant For Another Man While In Marriage [Video]
Entertainment50 mins ago

"I'm The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent" – Whitemoney

“I’m The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent” – Whitemoney

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 1

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education3 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News3 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 2
Business3 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition