Celebrities

#NigeriaDecides2023: Sisi Yemmie And Husband Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because They Look Like Igbo [Video]

Nigerian YouTuber, Sisi Yemmie has revealed that she and her husband were not allowed to vote in the ongoing governorship and state assembly elections today.

In a post shared on her Twitter page, the food vlogger revealed that she and her husband went to their polling unit at Roman Catholic Church in Awoyaya, Lagos State, but they were prevented from voting because they were mistaken for Igbos.

Sharing a video of the incident, she wrote; “My husband and I were not allowed to vote. They said we look like Igbo people. I can’t believe this. Roman Catholic Church Awoyaya”.

In a follow-up tweet, Yemmie added that she was asked if she would be voting for the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate Sanwo-Olu, and her refusal to answer denied her access to the polling unit.

She said, “And yes, they asked if I was going to vote APC, I said allow me enter first. Then they locked the gate . So many of them.”

In another post shared on her Instagram page,  Sisi Yemmie, who is an indigene of Lagos, explained that she couldn’t record the faces of the thugs who prevented her from voting.

She wrote, “I was not allowed to vote at my polling unit because they said I look Igbo. That I don’t look Yoruba. I recorded but couldn’t get their faces. But you can hear the conversation. Me, an indigene of Lagos, born in Lagos could not vote”.

READ:  I wish I never dated my ex-girlfriend – Omah Lay

READ:  Ondo Socialite, Adelabu Emirate Kills Wife And Commits Suicide

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily recalls that Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo had also slammed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over the ongoing governorship and state assembly elections.

READ:  Davido And Chioma Welcomes Baby Boy, Gives Him Yoruba And Igbo Names [Photos]

Business50 mins ago