Categories: World News

China Calls For Evacuation, Accuses Trump Of Worsening Iran-Israel Conflict

China has criticized the U.S President Donald Trump for making the Iran-Israel conflict worse, following his online warning urging Iranians to “immediately evacuate.”

Tensions spiked last week after Israel launched unexpected airstrikes across Iran, claiming it was a move to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons — a claim Tehran strongly denies.

Amid fears of a broader war, Trump took to his Truth Social platform, warning the people of Iran to evacuate without offering further details.

“Everyone should immediately evacuate!” the US president wrote.

Speaking at a press briefing on Tuesday, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Guo Jiakun accused Trump of “pouring oil” on the mounting conflict between Iran and Israel.

Guo called on all parties involved – especially those with strong influence over Israel—to act responsibly and work toward reducing tensions before the violence grows further.

Jiakun said: “Fanning the flames, pouring oil, making threats and mounting pressure will not help to promote the de-escalation of the situation, but will only intensify and widen the conflict.

“The Chinese side calls on all relevant parties, especially countries with special influence on Israel, to shoulder their responsibilities, take immediate measures to de-escalate tensions, and prevent the conflict from expanding and spreading.”

Meanwhile, China’s embassy in Israel has advised all Chinese nationals to leave the country immediately due to the worsening security situation.

In a statement posted on WeChat, the embassy recommended heading toward Jordan and noted the conflict is intensifying.

It said, “The Chinese mission in Israel reminds Chinese nationals to leave the country as soon as possible via land border crossings, on the precondition that they can guarantee their personal safety.”

“It is recommended to depart in the direction of Jordan,” the embassy added, warning the conflict was “continuing to escalate”.

“Much civilian infrastructure has been damaged, civilian casualties are on the rise, and the security situation is becoming more serious.”

KanyiDaily recalls that Israel began a large-scale military operation in Iran on June 13, targeting nearly 100 locations, including nuclear facilities and key military bases.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Nigerians Among West Africans To Be Deported From US To Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone has agreed to receive deported migrants from the United States as the administration…

1 day ago

Cubana Chief Priest Loses APC Ticket For Imo House Of Reps

Nigerian socialite Cubana Chief Priest has lost the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for…

1 day ago

How To Apply For BBNaija Season 11 As Auditions Begin May 22

MultiChoice Nigeria has announced that auditions for the 11th season of Big Brother Naija (BBNaija)…

2 days ago

VeryDarkMan Faults Chike For Sleeping With Frank Edoho’s Wife [Video]

Social media commentator VeryDarkMan has reacted to sexual scandal involving singer Chike and Sandra Edoho,…

2 days ago

Williams Uchemba Shut Down Questions About Alexx Ekubo’s Wife And Children [Video]

Nollywood actor Williams Uchemba has shutdown comments about the personal life of late actor Alexx…

2 days ago

Isaac Fayose Loses Wife After Battle With Cancer

Isaac Fayose, younger brother of former Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose, has announced the death…

2 days ago