in

I’m Still The Chief Justice Of Nigeria, I’ve Not Resigned – Onnoghen

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, who was purportedly suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari last Friday, has debunked the rumours making rounds over his resignation.

CJN Onnoghen debunked the rumour in a statement issued on Monday by his media aide, Awassam Bassey, who described the CJN’s rumoured resignation as “fake news circulated by mischief makers.” He said:

“Mischief makers are still circulating this fake news. Once again, no truth in it whatsoever. The Hon CJN, Hon Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, GCON, has not resigned.”

Last week Friday, President Buhari suspended Mr. Onnoghen, who has been facing false asset charges for two weeks. He said the judge had become a taint on the judiciary and he was compelled to take radical measures to ease him out of office.

The president consequently swore in Justice Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed who is the most senior Justice of the Supreme Court, as the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

“Jesus Faked His Own Death For More Followers” – Journalist Clashes With Pope Francis

American Model, Katie Price Is Planning To Adopt A Nigerian Orphan