A factory worker was found dead after being electrocuted in bed while charging his phone and using earphones at the same time
24-year-old Kritsada Supol, 24, had laid down on his mattress in Chonburi, Thailand, with his phone plugged into an extension power point using a cheap charging cable.
It is believed that he had been listening to music or talking to someone as the mic section of the earphones was resting over his lips.
The property owner visited the room and found Kritsada’s body on the mattress with signs of burning around his ears.
Police from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand, arrived and carried the dead body from the property before sending it for a post-mortem examination.
Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believe that Kritsada was fatally electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time. He said:
”We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.”
Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death, as Captain Polthong added: ‘
“Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorized company.
”It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.”
The cops have issued a warning about the dangers of cheap chargers after Kritsada Supol was found dead with his Samsung plugged into a power point.