“Join APC Before You Die” – VP Osinbajo Tells PDP Leaders

"Join APC Before You Die" – VP Osinbajo Tells PDP Leaders 3

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo has urged members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to make sure they cross over to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) before they die.

Osinbajo made the appeal on a lighter note during a dinner to celebrate 80th birthday former National Chairman of (APC), Chief John Oyegun in Abuja, over the weekend. He said:

“Let me tell the story of a politician who was a long time, life Republican politician in the US. He was lying down on his sick bed and was about to die and he said ‘I want to change my party, I want to become a Democrat so that tomorrow it will be announced that a Democrat died not a Republican’.

“You can see that we politicians are very faithful and very loyal, indeed. I can only ask our friends in the PDP to also ensure that they cross over before they die. It is time for them to cross over.”

The Vice President went on to eulogise Oyegun for his attributes as an astute politician. He said:

“You always find him on the right side of history, as a founding member of Alliance for Democracy AD, member of NADECO and secretary of those abroad, founding member of APC and the first chairman, the one who led our party to that historic victory to unseat the ruling party.

“The second reason for my admiration is that somehow, he manages to be so deep in the Nigerian politics and yet he doesn’t even look like a politician or sound like one. He always sounds like a fine, well-read, well-spoken gentleman dragged into politics by some rascals but he is an unassuming politician and an astute strategist.

“There is this particular attribute of being in politics without being a politician. I would like to be like Professor (Ibrahim) Gambari when I grow up. I would like to be like that. You know aside from lawyers, I think there is no group of people who are maligned like politicians.

‘’Every time that you come across the Nigerian politician, there is always one way or the other that we are maligned but people like Chief Oyegun have shown that politicians can be loyal, faithful, dusting men and women.”

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News2 hours ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News8 hours ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 6
World News23 hours ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

Iran President Ebrahim Raisi Feared Dead as helicopter crashes and is yet to be found 7
News1 day ago

Fans Request Refund Of $50,000 Donations After Korra Obidi Travelled To Hawaii For Vacation

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

I’m A Godfather To Wizkid, Davido And Burna Boy – Oritsefemi [Video]

Oritsefemi Blames Caroline Danjuma For Making Him Marry His Ex-Wife, Nabila Fash [Video]

Oleksandr Usyk Beats Tyson Fury To Become Undisputed Heavyweight Championship [Highlights}
Sports1 day ago

"Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once" – Late Singer's Father

“Mohbad Rejected His Son, Saying He Only Slept With Wunmi Once” – Late Singer’s Father

Women’s Super League: Chelsea Wins Fifth Consecutive WSL Title With 6-0 Victory Over Man Utd

"I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter" – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

“I Had A Crush On Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter” – Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Leke Reveals [Video]

Manchester City Star, Phil Foden Wins Premier League Player Of The Season