Celebrities

“I Have No Regrets Not Being Married And Having Kids,” Says 65-Year-Old Billionaire, Oprah Winfrey

"I Have No Regrets Not Being Married And Having Kids," Says 65-Year-Old Billionaire, Oprah Winfrey 5

65-year-old billionaire mogul, Oprah Winfrey says she has no regrets about not being married and having kids like every other person.

Oprah Winfrey has been in a relationship with long-time partner Stedman Graham for 33 years. And, despite getting engaged in 1992, the couple have never tied the knot or expanded their family.

"I Have No Regrets Not Being Married And Having Kids," Says 65-Year-Old Billionaire, Oprah Winfrey 6

During an interview with People Magazine, Winfrey revealed that once consider becoming a mother following Graham’s proposal, however, due to the demands of her talk show, “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” she had to sacrifice.

“At one point in Chicago I had bought an additional apartment because I was thinking, Well, if we get married, I’m going to need room for children.

“I realized, ‘Whoa, I’m talking to a lot of messed-up people, and they are messed up because they had mothers and fathers who were not aware of how serious that job is.

“I don’t have the ability to compartmentalise the way I see other women do. It is why, throughout my years, I have had the highest regard for women who choose to be at home [with] their kids, because I don’t know how you do that all day long.

“Nobody gives women the credit they deserve,” Oprah said.

Winfrey continued by explaining why she and Graham decided to remain engaged for so long, admitting that she believes things “would have changed” if they had got married.

“I used to think about this all the time, that I was working these 17-hour days, and so were my producers, and then I go home and I have my two dogs and I have Stedman, who’s letting me be who I need to be in the world,” she said.

“He’s never demanding anything from me like, ‘Where’s my breakfast? Where’s my dinner?’ Never any of that, which I believed would have changed had we married.

“Both he and I now say, ‘If we had married, we would not be together.

“No question about it – we would not stay married because of what that would have meant to him, and I would have had my own ideas about it,” she added.

Winfrey said she doesn’t look back and regry or wonder at what might have been because some how she has fulfilled her maternal role.

“I have not had one regret about that. I also believe that part of the reason why I don’t have regrets is because I got to fulfill it in the way that was best for me: the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.

“Those girls fill that maternal fold that I perhaps would have had. In fact, they overfill – I’m overflowed with maternal,” she said

Chivido2024: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Davido And Chioma's Traditional Wedding Venue [Video]

Chivido2024: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Davido And Chioma’s Traditional Wedding Venue [Video]

Davido Honours His Late Mother With Second Traditional Wedding Outfit [Video]

Davido Honours His Late Mother With Second Traditional Wedding Outfit [Video]

Chivido2024: Davido And Chioma Loved-Up In Matching Traditional Wedding Outfits [Video]

Chivido2024: Davido’s Father, Uncle, Family Dazzle In Native Attire For Wedding To Chioma [Video]

Angel Unigwe’s Mother Denies Kanayo’s Allegations, Threatens To Take Legal Action

Top Strategies for Successful Gold Trading in 2024 7
Business7 hours ago

Top Strategies for Successful Gold Trading in 2024

"It Was Amazing To Have You With Us On Tour" - Chris Brown Appreciates Ayra Starr

“It Was Amazing To Have You With Us On Tour” – Chris Brown Appreciates Ayra Starr

Ugezu Ugezu Tackles Ossai Success For Accusing Davido Of Disrespecting Igbo Culture

Phyna Criticized For Showing Bare Bum In See-Through Skirt After Condemning Same Act

Uriel Oputa Praises Chioma's Maturity, Slams Critics Mocking Her Wedding To Davido

Uriel Oputa Praises Chioma’s Maturity, Slams Critics Mocking Her Wedding To Davido

Police Take Over Kano Emir's Palace, Dislodge Local Hunters Guarding Sanusi
News23 hours ago

Police Take Over Kano Emir’s Palace, Dislodge Local Hunters Guarding Sanusi

Nkosi Nathi Heartbroken After DNA Test Revealed He Isn't His Child's Biological Father

Nkosi Nathi Heartbroken After DNA Test Revealed He Isn’t His Child’s Biological Father

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She's No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She’s No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others

"Don’t Mix Up My Tweets" - Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

“Don’t Mix Up My Tweets” – Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

"I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman" – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

“I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman” – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

"My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

“My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

"Don't Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma's Wedding" - Do2dtun Warns Artists

“Don’t Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma’s Wedding” – Do2dtun Warns Artists

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 8

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters