in

“Don’t Travel To China Until Further Notice'” – FG Tells Nigerians Over Fear Of Coronavirus

The Nigerian government has enjoined citizens planning to visit China to suspend the plan until further notice.

"Don't Travel To China Until Further Notice'" - FG Tells Nigerians Over Fear Of Coronavirus 1

The Federal Government has asked Nigerians to avoid travelling to China for now because of the coronavirus disease spreading across the Asian country.

The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, gave the directive at the end of the Federal Executive Council meeting in Abuja on Wednesday, January 29, 2020.

He had given an update on Coronavirus to the session, which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking at the end of the meeting on Wednesday, Osagie Ehanire advised all passengers from China to stay in isolation for two weeks before reuniting with their families.

“In view of the trending stories around the Coronavirus, it has become very necessary to issue a travel advisory to Nigerians,” the minister said.

“The first is that all Nigerians and all from Nigeria, intending to travel to China should delay all their travel plans until further notice, except it is extremely essential for them to do that trip.

“All persons arriving from China or any country that has a major outbreak is advised, if they have no symptoms at all, to self isolate, meaning that they stay indoors in their homes for at least two weeks and if they develop any symptoms, like cough, caterrh, sneezing, breathing difficulties within this period, to report to the nearest health facility.

“We are also advising all airlines to report any case of a passenger falling sick on-board before the plane lands. That is a requirement in the agreement. Nigerian Port Health Services, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control are on alert at our airports and other points of entry. That is the advisory.”

The death toll from the disease that broke out in Wuhan, China, has risen to 132 in that country.

According to the South China Morning Post, the country recorded 840 new cases in Hubei province, while Germany and Vietnam have patients who had contact with people linked to Wuhan.

A total of 2,014 cases were confirmed globally as of Sunday with victims in 15 countries excluding China.

Cases of the disease have been confirmed in Australia, Cambodia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, US and Vietnam.

 

KanyiDaily recalls that the Federal Government had earlier shut down Panda Supermarket belonging to some Chinese nationals located in Abuja over issues with the dreaded and spreading coronavirus.

The government said that the move was to serve as a deterrent to others and to safeguard the lives of citizens from the deadly Coronavirus.

READ ALSO
Popular US Pastor Dies Of Coronavirus After Defying Lockdown Orders And Holding Church Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerians Attacks Garba Shehu For Saying Senator Abaribe Should Be Jailed Because Of Nnamdi Kanu 27

Nigerians Attacks Garba Shehu For Saying Senator Abaribe Should Be Jailed Because Of Nnamdi Kanu

''Be ready to refund the two billion you stole from Benue state'' - Samuel Ortom to Senator George Akume in leaked phone call 28

”Be ready to refund the two billion you stole from Benue state” – Samuel Ortom to Senator George Akume in leaked phone call