Entertainment

Fashola Accuses Nollywood Of Promoting Money Rituals, Kidnapping With Their Movies 3

Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has accused Nigerian film makers, Nollywood, of promoting money rituals and kidnapping with their movies.

Fashola made accusation while speaking on the topic: ‘Insecurity: Taking actions against organised crime’, at the fourth annual public lecture/symposium organised by the United Action for Change.

According to him, Nollywood is reinforcing kidnapping through the belief in many movies that human skulls and other parts of human body could be used for money rituals.

The minister, who described money ritual as a myth, said it is high time moviemakers and policymakers changed the narrative, to save innocent lives from being wasted.

Some people believe that if you get a man’s head or a woman’s body parts, they could be turned into money. It’s not true! And when you ask people who believe in it if they have seen it happen before, they tell you someone said they had seen it,” he said.

“However, it has become a reinforced belief through entertainment, social media and Nollywood. How can human head bring money? Money is paper invented by man, not God. They put the paper in a machine to print what we call money and that is the only place money comes from.

“But the challenge is the belief system. Just think about how many people have been missing — through kidnapping — because some people believe that it exists. The police could tell us the number of people they have apprehended with human parts, such as skulls. This belief system must go.

“Therefore, all of us, including those who make the films, must reverse the story and start selling a new story that money is printed in a machine and not through any other way like money rituals.”

KanyiDaily recalls that in 2019, there were stories of fraudsters using women’s pants for money rituals, but Fashola discounted the belief, saying there’s no connection between paper (money) and cotton (pants). He said:

“It is not true, or how does that happen? What is the connection between paper (money) and cotton (pants) or has anybody seen cotton money before? Those of us who have influence and authority must take positions to see to the reversal of this kind of beliefs.”

ALSO READ: “Nollywood Is Full Of Envy” – Actress, Grace Amah Speaks On Her Absence From Movie Industry

Business36 mins ago