Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Same Day He Was Admitted At Ogun Hospital

A policeman has died of coronavirus at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Same Day He Was Admitted At Ogun Hospital 3

In a statement on Sunday morning, the spokesperson of the hospital, Segun Orisajo said the deceased was presented at the general outpatients’ department of the hospital three days ago after he developed symptoms of COVID-19.

“The Centre has recorded the death of a patient who tested positive for coronavirus. The deceased, a forceman presented in the General Outpatients department about three days ago,” Mr Orisajo wrote.

Mr Orisajo explained that the patient, who was a police officer, died the same day he was brought to the hospital. However, the result of his COVID-19 test was only returned on Sunday morning, and it was positive.

“He later died same day. The result of his test returned this morning positive. His body is being prepared for release to his family for burial in strict compliance with World Health Organizations guidelines,” he disclosed.

The spokesman said in the statement that all staff who came in contact with the deceased are currently on self-isolation.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Ogun State currently has 115 cases of coronavirus disease that has infected 3,912 persons in Nigeria.

News1 day ago