Ondo Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive For Coronavirus [Video]

Oneo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu announced on Tuesday that he has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

Ondo Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive For Coronavirus [Video] 3

The governor who disclosed this on his Twitter page on Tuesday, said he is already in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for someone who is asymptomatic.

“Earlier today, I got confirmation of a positive result for Covid-19. I am asymptomatic and not displaying any symptoms,” he said.

“I am currently self-isolating and supervised home management will be administered by the wonderful team at our Infectious Disease Hospital. I ask that we all stay safe and be well.”

READ:  IMO: Governor Uzodinma Begs Supreme Court To Dismiss Ihedioha’s Appeal Against Him

Governor Akeredolu joins a growing list of top public officers who have tested positive for the disease.

They include Abba Kyari, the late chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari; Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna; Bala Mohammed, governor of Bauchi, and Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo.

READ:  Obasanjo Backs Power Shift To South, Asks Nigerians Not To Vote Based On Emotions

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia is currently undergoing treatment for the disease while his counterpart in Delta, Ifeanyi Okowa, is self-isolating after his daughter tested positive for COVID-19.

Some other governors, including Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti and Godwin Obaseki of Edo, had also self-isolated after coming in contact with infected people. They later tested negative for the disease.

Meanwhile, the immediate past governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, died last week from complications triggered by the disease.

READ:  Kogi Election: PDP Accuses Deputy Governor Of Snatching Ballot Boxes With His Security Details

News1 day ago