Edo Election: “I Was Moved To Tears, But Life Is Not Only About Winning” – Oshiomhole Breaks Silence

Former National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has spoken for the first time on the outcome of last Saturday’s governorship election in Edo State, which his party lost to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Edo Election: "I Was Moved To Tears, But Life Is Not Only About Winning" - Oshiomhole Breaks Silence 3

KanyiDaily recalls that PDP’s Governor Godwin Obaseki was re-elected on Sunday after polling 307,955 votes to defeat his closest APC rival, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who garnered 223,619 votes during the Saturday’s governorship election.

Reacting in the one minute and 39 seconds video recorded after a walkout in his personal gymnasium, Oshiomhole said he was moved to tears during Saturday’s election, adding that life is not all about winning.

The former Edo governor said while many expected him to be downcast over the outcome of the election, he is not down as he is remains healthy and strong.

“You work hard and leave God for the outcome. You do your best and trust God to bless your effort.

READ:  Policemen On Checkpoints Need To Undergo Psychological, Drugs, Alcoholic, Psychiatric Tests - Shehu Sani

“I feel good, thank God. I feel healthy, thank God. I feel strong. Thank God. In life, you win some, you lose some, but life goes on.

“A lot of people will be thinking now ‘Oh, Comrade is down’. But I am not down. When God says you are not down, you are not down and I am not down.

“I thank Edo people for all they did. Young ladies carried babies on their back; elderly women struggling to see my small face.

“And on Election Day, I was moved to tears when I saw women of 70, 75 sitting down because the card reader is not working; and they are not frustrated.

READ:  I Would Rather Quit Politics Than Spill Blood To Win Election - Governor Hope Uzodinma

“It inspired me that if at their age you don’t give up, why should I give up? I ask our people to have faith in our country.

“I have only one passport. I am not about to apply for another. This is our country, we must make it great.

“We must strengthen democracy, we must improve on it no matter the outcome of an election or a particular edition of a process. Have faith in God and have faith in our country,” Adams Oshiomhole added.

Meanwhile, Governor Obaseki has called on Oshiomhole, Ize-Iyamu and other members of the APC to join hands with his administration in moving Edo state forward.

READ:  FG Says Plans Underway To Evacuate Nigerians Trapped In Sudan

Uche Maduagwu Tackles Yul Edochie For Advising Men Against Sleeping With Married Women
Entertainment55 mins ago

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]

DJ Chicken Gets Emotional As He Meets His Father For The First Time [Video]

Nigerians Reacts As Seun Kuti Bows To Greet Will Smith’s Daughter, Willow [Video]

There's Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

There’s Nothing Selfish About Not Wanting To Get Married Or Have Children – Ibrahim Suleiman

Multichoice Reduces Prices For DStv, GOtv Packages After Losing Million Subscribers
News18 hours ago

"Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

“Make Peace With Your Wife, May Before It’s Too Late” – Prophet Samuel King Warns Yul Edochie

"Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

“Instead Of My Goals To Trend, My Nyash Is Trending” – Warri Pikin Reacts To Her Football Photos

Eedris Abdulkareem Drags Pastor Adeboye, President Tinubu In New Song, ‘Emi Lokan’

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil - Toke Makinwa

Giving A Child Tribal Mark Without Consent Is Evil – Toke Makinwa

“Women Are The Reason Why Some Men Aren’t Responsible Fathers” – Daddy Freeze Replies Kate Henshaw

Wizkid's Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Wizkid’s Babymama, Jada Pollock Sparks Pregnancy Rumours With Viral Father’s Day Photo

Anita Okoye Celebrates Ex-Husband Paul Okoye On Father’s Day Despite His Remarriage

Actress Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead