Kano State Police Command has arrested a housewife identified as Hauwa Ibrahim, for allegedly killing her two children after a misunderstanding with her husband over his new wife at Diso Quarters in Gwale Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

Kano Woman Arrested For Killing Her Two Children Because Husband Married Another Wife 3

Hauwa was said to have slaughtered her kids, identified as Yusuf Ibrahim, 5, and Zahra’u Ibrahim, 3, at their Diso quarters in Kano metropolis while her husband was away with his new wife in another house.

The spokesperson of the command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, who confirmed the sad incident, said that the mother of the deceased kids was arrested at a hideout.

Abdullahi said the incident was reported to the police headquarters and the Commissioner of Police ordered the immediate arrest of the woman who was on the run.

Speaking in an interview with newsmen, the uncle of the deceased, Sadiq Haruna said ever since his brother’s senior wife discovered that her husband married a second wife, she has been living with envy and jealousy.

READ:  Hushpuppi Goes Shopping Children's Toys For Shatta Bandle Ahead Of His Dubai Show [Video]

“She had expressed her anger on so many occasions leading to serious quarrels between them that even led to divorce,” Haruna said.

“When he divorced her, we have to intervene and settled their quarrel by prevailing on him to return her back to her matrimonial home. We didn’t know that bring her back will lead to the death of her children Yusuf (5) and Zara’ u (3).”

He said the incident happened when the husband was with the new wife.

“The incident happened when the husband was away and in his new wife’s place. His eldest wife, Hauwa called him on phone that all is not well in their house only for him to go to the house and meet the lifeless bodies of the children. She carried out the dastardly act and ran away from the house.

READ:  President Buhari Reacts As APC Chairman 'Taiye Olusola Abe' Dies In South Africa

“She beat the children and used knife to cut them. Her sister’s daughter, aged 10, who was living with them was also another victim, but she survived with a cut on her hand.”

“We don’t know her whereabouts at the moment; we spoke with the security operatives. But we learned she went to her parent’s house,” he said.

However. Kano police command spokesman, Abdullahi Haruna has confirmed that the suspect had already been apprehended in a hideout. He added that investigation into the matter is ongoing.

KanyiDaily had also reported how a woman with 10 children scalds her husband with hot water over plans to marry a second wife in Kano State.

READ:  Bandits Attack Baptist Church In Kaduna, Kill Medical Doctor, Abduct Many Worshippers

Business38 mins ago