“713 In Lagos, 273 In Plateau” – Nigeria Confirms 1867 New COVID-19 Cases As Total Hits 107,345

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 1,867 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 107,345.

"713 In Lagos, 273 In Plateau" - Nigeria Confirms 1867 New COVID-19 Cases As Total Hits 107,345 3

The NCDC made this known on Friday night via its official Twitter handle, where it disclosed that the new cases where recorded in 24 states including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The new figure is the highest number of infection recorded within a 24-hour period as the country continues to combat second wave of the virus.

Lagos State still hold the ace for the most number of cases, recording 713 new cases followed by Plateau State with 273 cases.

Othet states with new cases includes FCT-199, Kaduna-117, Oyo-79, Enugu-58, Ondo-53, Kano-49, Sokoto-43, Ogun-37, Osun-37, Nasarawa-36, Rivers-28, Benue-24, Delta-24, Niger-24, Gombe-18, Edo-15, Taraba-12, Bayelsa-10, Ekiti-9, Borno-6, Zamfara-2, Jigawa-1.

Out of a total of 107,345 cases now confirmed across the 36 states and the FCT, 1,413 deaths and 84,535 recoveries have been recorded.

READ:  "Lagos Is Now The Most Dangerous City In The World" - New Report By Economist

See the breakdown of cases by state below:

READ:  "Jonathan Conceded To Buhari Because He Was Afraid Of Going To Jail" - Femi Falana

News1 day ago