Videos

Freeman Godwin, an appointee of Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State, has threatened to kill himself over unpaid salaries since his appointment as an aide.

Governor Ayade’s Aide Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Non-Payment Of Salary [Video] 3

In a viral video, Godwin could be seen screaming and lamenting his woes to two men in an office as he tried to hang himself with a rope on a ceiling fan.

He lamented that he borrowed money to do carry out documentation and his wife also gave birth to a baby through surgery, adding that he has sold all he has to offer the loan he got hoping that he would be paid salary but all to no avail.

Godwin said he decided to end it all, decrying that when it was time for work, “they (The government) will use you and then dump you with so many gimmicks and excuses.”

ALSO READ: Governor Shettiima’s Chief Steward Commits Suicide In Borno Government House

“When the time reaches for work, they will use you and dump you. Now they throw you here and there as if you are nobody.

”I will die for this government. They play me up and down, sending me here and there. I am ready to die now,” he said.

”You were not here on Tuesday( telling his colleagues ). How will a man call himself a leader and he comes out from his office with what belongs to you and he will demand that you go to His Excellency the governor and collect a letter before he attends to you.

“I am ready to die in this office. I have chosen it to take my life. I lost everything. I was there living my life and they called me to make an appointment.

ALSO READ: Teacher Who Donates 80% of His Salary To Poor Cries As He Receives $1 Million Prize [Photos]

“They asked me to borrow money to do clearance. At the end of the day the select some people and pay #100, 000. Telling me Ben Ayade said, Ben Ayade said.

“So I should go and get a letter from Ben Ayade. Please don’t touch me. I will die for them. I sold everything to pay that young man I borrowed money from.

“I borrowed money, came here and did documentation hoping that when I am paid, I will pay back the loan.

“See, my wife just gave birth through surgery. A baby girl, I just said let me see what I can do but no way,” he decried in the video.

It was learnt that Godwin was later stopped by his two colleagues at the office.

ALSO READ: Governor Sanwo-Olu Rescues Man From Suicide Attempt On Third Mainland Bridge Over N500K Debt

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily had reported how Governor Ayade broke down in tears as he laments the plight of some of the rural poor who illegally taxed in Cross River State.

Chivido2024: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Davido And Chioma's Traditional Wedding Venue [Video]

Chivido2024: Ooni Of Ife Arrives Davido And Chioma’s Traditional Wedding Venue [Video]

Davido Honours His Late Mother With Second Traditional Wedding Outfit [Video]

Davido Honours His Late Mother With Second Traditional Wedding Outfit [Video]

Chivido2024: Davido And Chioma Loved-Up In Matching Traditional Wedding Outfits [Video]

Chivido2024: Davido’s Father, Uncle, Family Dazzle In Native Attire For Wedding To Chioma [Video]

Angel Unigwe’s Mother Denies Kanayo’s Allegations, Threatens To Take Legal Action

Top Strategies for Successful Gold Trading in 2024 4
Business7 hours ago

Top Strategies for Successful Gold Trading in 2024

"It Was Amazing To Have You With Us On Tour" - Chris Brown Appreciates Ayra Starr

“It Was Amazing To Have You With Us On Tour” – Chris Brown Appreciates Ayra Starr

Ugezu Ugezu Tackles Ossai Success For Accusing Davido Of Disrespecting Igbo Culture

Phyna Criticized For Showing Bare Bum In See-Through Skirt After Condemning Same Act

Uriel Oputa Praises Chioma's Maturity, Slams Critics Mocking Her Wedding To Davido

Uriel Oputa Praises Chioma’s Maturity, Slams Critics Mocking Her Wedding To Davido

Police Take Over Kano Emir's Palace, Dislodge Local Hunters Guarding Sanusi
News23 hours ago

Police Take Over Kano Emir’s Palace, Dislodge Local Hunters Guarding Sanusi

Nkosi Nathi Heartbroken After DNA Test Revealed He Isn't His Child's Biological Father

Nkosi Nathi Heartbroken After DNA Test Revealed He Isn’t His Child’s Biological Father

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She's No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others

Funke Akindele Reveals Why She’s No Longer Close To Eniola Badmus, Others

"Don’t Mix Up My Tweets" - Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

“Don’t Mix Up My Tweets” – Wizkid Denies Shading Davido, Chioma Over Their Wedding

"I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman" – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

“I’m Praying For Every Understanding Woman” – Wizkid Shades Chioma Ahead Of Wedding To Davido

"My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

“My First Wife Is Gone Forever” – Olakunle Churchill Loses His Grandmother [Video]

"Don't Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma's Wedding" - Do2dtun Warns Artists

“Don’t Release Songs Until After Davido And Chioma’s Wedding” – Do2dtun Warns Artists

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It's Not Our Culture Or Tradition" - Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

“I Don’t Believe In One Wife, It’s Not Our Culture Or Tradition” – Kanayo O Kanayo [Video]

Laide Bakare Accuses Police Of Dragging Her From Car, Driving Off With Daughter [Video]

''We Will Build A Bigger Church'' - Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters 5

”We Will Build A Bigger Church” – Chris Oyakhilome Reacts As Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church Headquarters