The Federal Government has reportedly paid a sum of N800 million to bandits for the release of the abducted students and staff of Government Science College (KSC), Kagara, in Niger State.

FG Reportedly Pays N800 Million To Bandits For Release Of Kagara Students In Niger State 3

According to Peoples Gazzete, the government paid N800m for the “successful operation,” which was allegedly brokered by the National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno, and a popular Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi.

The publication stated that the bandits have now freed all students and officials abducted from Niger school on Wednesday, adding that announcement about the release tomorrow (Saturday).

“EXCLUSIVE: Bandits have freed all students and officials abducted from Niger school on Wednesday.

“FG paid N800 million for the successful operation, brokered by NSA Monguno and Sheikh Gumi. Cash was ferried to Tagina Forest holding the gunmen. FG to announce today or tomorrow,” it reads.

READ:  Nigerian Striker, Paul Onuachu Wins Best Player And Highest Goalscorer Awards In Belgium

KanyiDaily recalls that on Thursday, Sheikh Gumi met the bandits who allegedly kidnapped the Kagara students in Tagina Forest holding the gunmen.

When asked about the outcome of his meeting, the cleric said there is a positive response from the bandits, but he did not disclosed when the students will regain freedom from their abductors (bandits).

READ:  South African Pastor Alph Lukau sued for resurrection stunt