Some Nigerian soldiers on Thursday protested against the non-payment of allowances and poor equipment in Borno State.
According to Channel TV, the aggrieved troops besieged the headquarters of the Theatre Command in Borno, shooting sporadically into the air on Thursday night.
Sources at the Maimalari barracks said the troops of an unidentified battalion in Operation Lafiya Dole, protested their posting to a location in the Theatre of Operation.
Some of the soldiers who spoke under anonymity recalled how a whole unit that went for reinforcement when Marte was captured last month, perished under superior firepower of insurgents.
The Media Coordinator for Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Ado Isa, who confirmed the protest on Friday, said the issues were promptly addressed.
Meanwhile, some soldiers from the Nigerian Air Force have been accused of brutalizing and killing two people for making jest of their colleague’s girlfriend.
Former House of Representatives member Shina Peller has announced his plan to contest for the…
Nigerian elebrity chef Hilda Baci has threatened to sue singer Seyi Vibez over comments she…
Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to…
Osun State Police Command said singer Davido was the alleged target of an attack on…
Anti-migrant protesters gathered outside the Cape Town Regional Court on Wednesday as proceedings against former…
The Lagos and Ogun State governments have declared Thursday, August 20, 2026, a public holiday…