Suspected Herdsmen Allegedly Attacks Sunday Igboho Mother’s Residence In Oyo

Three suspected herdsmen on Sunday night allegedly invaded the residence of mother of a Yoruba activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, in Oyo State.

Suspected Herdsmen Allegedly Attacks Sunday Igboho Mother’s Residence In Oyo 3

Igboho’s spokesman, Olayomi Koiki, who disclosed this on his Twitter page, said one of the attackers was arrested while two others escaped.

Koiki tweeted: “Chief Sunday Adeyemo’s mother’s house at Igboho was invaded by three Fulani men this evening around 7:54pm. Two of them escaped, one is currently held at Igboho police station,.”

READ:  NLC Suspends Protest, Issues New Ultimatum To FG On Demands

A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode also confirmed that Igboho told him that three foreign herdsmen invated in his mother’s home on Sunday evening.

“I just spoke to Sunday Igboho & he told me that 2 foreign Fulani terrorists were apprehended in his mother’s home in Igboho, Oyo state this evening.

“Their mission was to harm Mama. One of them escaped whilst the other is with the police.Those that sent them are playing with fire!

“Here  is the one that was caught. He is with the police right now. Sadly the other escaped.

READ:  Statistics Show How Much Nigerian Women Spend On Valentine's Gift For Their Men - See Reactions

READ:  Unknown Gunmen Allegedly Attack Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Enugu

“First of all they burnt down Sunday’s house in Ibadan. Secondly a soldier and a fake soldier were caught spying on his Ibadan home. Thirdly two terrorists are caught sneaking into his mothers home with a clear intention to harm her.

“This is a man whose input brought peace to our nation just two weeks ago and helped to bring to an end the Northern embargo of food to the South after he guaranteed the peace and security of innocent Nigerian Fulanis in the SW.

“I am appealing to those who are behind these provocations against his person & reckless attacks to desist from this nonsense. Sunday is a heroic figure in the South West and by far the most powerful, vocal and popular figure in Yorubaland today. Harming him or his family members will not augur well for the peace and stability of our nation.

“N.B. Three terrorists were caught in Sunday Igbho’s mothers house and not two. One was caught and two escaped,” Fani-Kayode wrote.

This is coming 2 days after four men including two men who dressed in military camouflage were caught allegedly spying on Igboho’s residence in Ibadan.

READ:  Court Awards Soludo N2 Million, Dismisses Suit Against His Election As Anambra Gov-Elect

News1 day ago