Categories: Metro

Good Friday Turns Bloody In Taraba As Soldiers Kill 5 Youths Returning From Wedding Ceremony

Some Nigerian soldiers have reportedly killed five youths who were returning from a wedding ceremony in Baka village of Ardo-Kola Local Government Council of Kaduna State.

According to Daily Post, the youths whose ages range from twenty to twenty-seven were shot dead and several others injured at the early hours of Friday in Baka village.

The affected youths were said to be returning from a wedding ceremony when they met their untimely deaths in the hands of the soldiers who mistook them for kidnappers.

The remains of the victims have been deposited in the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre which is located in Jalingo metropolis.

Speaking with newmen at the hospital premises, parents of the victims who were seen in tears, said they could not understand why the soldiers opened fire on the youths upon sighting them on motorcycles instead of arresting them.

One of the parents identified as Bello Aliyu Jen said that two of his sons were among the five youths killed by the soldiers.

He gave the names of his deceased sons as Tukur Bello, 20, and Abdulkadir Bello, a 27-year-old final year HND student of the College of Agriculture, Jalingo.

Aliyu called on the government to do the needful by bringing the soldiers to book, He said his dream had been shattered as his sons who according to him have been working round the clocks to put smiles on his face are “no more”.

A top security personnel, who spoke at the hospital scene, apportioned blames to parents who according to him always allow their children and wards to “go out at late hours. ”

The deputy speaker of the State House of Assembly, Harman Adama, who was also sighted at the hospital premises, said that two of his first cousins were among the five youths that were gunned down by the soldiers.

The Deputy Speaker who observed that the incident occurred during the dead hours of the day cautioned parents and guardians to always tread extra legitimate miles to prevent their children and ward from going out of their houses at late hours.

He said the soldiers involved were given presidential directives to flush out hoodlums from the state, noting that their actions were not intentional.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Man Utd Captain Bruno Fernandes Named Premier League Player Of The Season

Bruno Fernandes has been named Premier League Player of the Season for the 2025/26 campaign…

7 hours ago

Sheikh Gumi Denies Supporting Bandits, Says Videos And Statements Were Manipulated

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has denied claims linking him to support for banditry, saying the materials…

8 hours ago

Justice Mohammed Nasir Yunusa Slumps And Dies At His Residence In Kano

Justice Mohammed Nasir Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Kano has died after collapsing…

9 hours ago

Tobi Amusan Sets Season’s Best Time To Finish Second At Xiamen Diamond League

Nigerian sprinter Tobi Amusan finished second in the women’s 100m hurdles final at the Xiamen…

9 hours ago

Queen Mercy Atang Reveals Why She Wore Dress Made Of 500 Loaves Of Bread To AMVCA

Big Brother Naija reality star Queen Mercy Atang has explained the idea behind the unusual…

9 hours ago

Basira Beere Accuses Ex-Husband Of Beating Her Till She Lost 4 Pregnancies [Video]

Nollywood actress Omoshalewa Yusuf, popularly known as Basira Beere, has spoken about her failed marriage,…

10 hours ago