Metro

A young man has been arrested for disguising as a woman to sneak into a female hostel of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Port Harcourt, in Rivers State.

Man Arrested After Disguising As Woman To Enter Female Hostel In Port Harcourt [Video] 5

According to reports, the man was caught dressed like a female student after he walked into the hostel in an attempt to see a female friend, who had been avoiding him.

Sources said the man went there to plead with his female friend, who allegedly seized his mobile phone when she visited him outside the campus due to his inability to fulfill promises made to her.

“He disguised as a young female student to gain access to the hostel of his female friend, who had been avoiding him after she took his phone.

“But luck ran out on him when his movement aroused the suspicion of some of the students, who felt that something was wrong with his dressing. They mobilised, held the man, and stripped him.

“Upon the discovery, the ladies raised the alarm, which attracted their male counterparts, who descended on the man, who could have been lynched but for the intervention of the security personnel on the campus,” the source stated.

READ:  Policewoman 'Kidnaps' Herself, Demands Ransom To Fund Her Wedding In Abuja

The President of the Students’ Union Government in the institution, Christian Amadi, who confirmed the incident, said the man claimed that he was not a student of the institution.

“Yes, this happened around 10pm yesterday (Monday). Before we got to the place, the school security personnel had already intervened and took him into custody. The man claimed that he was not a student; I think the security personnel are still investigating the matter,” Amadi stated.

Asked if the man was beaten, the SUG president said the students might have done that in self defence, but expressed happiness that the man had been taken into custody.

When contacted on the issue, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Ngozi Okiridu said in a short message to our correspondent, “The police are handling the matter.”

The management of the institution had barred inter-sex visits to hostels after three students allegedly gang-raped a female student in one of the men’s hostels last year, which led to the indefinite suspension of academic activities by the school.”

READ:  Uniben Student Get 19yrs Jail Term

Watch the video below;

KanyiDaily had also reported how a man who took it upon himself to always dress like a woman just to start relationship with guys and extort money from them, was caught.

READ:  Nigerian Soldier Lynched To Death By Angry Mob For Killing Five Civilians In Borno

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 6
Business28 mins ago