Politics

2023: “Why The Next President Of Nigeria Must Come From South East” – Obasanjo

Former president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has affirmed that the next president of the country must come from the South East region to ensure that peace reigns.

2023: "Why The Next President Of Nigeria Must Come From South East" - Obasanjo

Obasanjo made this statement while addressing members of the Political Action Committee, PAC, of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, who visited him at his Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta on Tuesday, May 10.

According to him, this will go a long way to reinstate peace, justice, fairness and sustainable national development in the country.

“The next president of Nigeria must come from the South East. The least acceptable minimum is a president from the Southern part of Nigeria”, Obasanjo was quoted by Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s spokesman, Alex Ogbonnia, as saying

The former president, who commended Ohanaeze Ndigbo for demanding their rights, told the delegation that what he “owes Nigeria is sincerity, objectivity, and guidance.”

“Federal character, rotation of power and such other measures are meant to help our nation-building process and more sure-footedly, move Nigeria forward. Riding over these measures rudely, shoddily and roughly cannot augur well for our nation-building process and progress. he was quoted as saying

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 3
Business19 hours ago