Why ASUU Strike Can’t Affect Buhari’s Legacy – Femi Adesina

Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina has given reasons the incessant industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) under the Buhari tenure can’t affect his legacies.

Why ASUU Strike Can't Affect Buhari's Legacy - Femi Adesina

Speaking, Adesina claimed that ASUU strike is an endemic issue and has existed for a very long period under different administrations.

He went on to assert that Buhari begging the union to end the strike shows that he’s ready to resolve the issue.

Adesina also illuminated how ASUU strike persisted during Shagari, Shonekan, and Babangida’s regime.

In his words:

“He (referring to Buhari) appealed to ASUU to consider the plight of those young ones. It shows that the president is ready to have this matter resolved once and for all.

“Last week, I saw something on Facebook that Alhaji Shehu Shagari was appealing to ASUU to go back to class. Alhaji Shagari ruled 43 years ago.

“That shows you that this is an endemic issue. Left to the government, the students will go back tomorrow but then the issue has to be resolved conclusively so that in another six weeks, eight weeks, or six months, we don’t go back to where we are today.

“It would not vitiate the legacy of the president in any way because this dates back in time. It was there under Shagari; it was there under Buhari as a military leader; it was there under Babangida, and it was there under Shonekan — under everybody.”

Kanyi Daily recalls that ASUU recently stated why it won’t be ending the strike soon.

News1 day ago