Entertainment

Why I Exited Nollywood After Featuring In One Movie – Simi Reveals

Ace songstress, Simisola Bolatito Kosoko, better known as Simi has opened up on why she left acting after starring in only one movie.

Why I Exited Nollywood After Featuring In One Movie - Simi Reveals

The mother of one who was recently interviewed by Cool FM spoke at length about her judging role in Nigerian Idol, family, and work.

She was later asked why she showed up in only one movie, “Mokalik” and left the industry.

Responding, the 34-year-old singer affirmed that she is not quite passionate about acting as she is about making music and may return to the industry when she’s less busy.

She said:

“I’m not as crazy about acting as I am about music to be honest, but it’s something that it’s exciting to do once in a while. People have mentioned it to me so maybe when I’m not busy. I’ll try to do more”.

Mokalik is a 2019 film that explored the career of an 11-year-old boy, Jaiye, who spends most of the day as a lowly apprentice at a mechanic workshop. Simisola played ‘simi’, daughter of a cafeteria owner.

In other news, popular singer, J Martins has withdrawn from the House of Reps race.

Tinubu’s Govt Lies Again As UAE Denies Approving $10k Bank Balance, N640k Fee As Visa Application Requirements 1
News46 mins ago

While You Work Hard, Make Time To Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Efforts - Obi Cubana

While You Work Hard, Make Time To Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Efforts – Obi Cubana

How EFCC Officer Threatened To Shoot And Kill Me In Lagos - BBNaija CeeC [Video]

How EFCC Officer Threatened To Shoot And Kill Me In Lagos – BBNaija CeeC [Video]

Edo Assembly Appeals Shaibu’s Reinstatement, Says Omobayo Remains Deputy Gov
News4 hours ago

Edo Assembly Appeals Shaibu’s Reinstatement, Says Omobayo Remains Deputy Gov

Kano Governor Reinstates Emir Of Gaya, Appoints Two Others For Karaye, Rano
News5 hours ago

Kano Governor Reinstates Emir Of Gaya, Appoints Two Others For Karaye, Rano

Senate Replaces Ali Ndume With Tahir Munguno As Chief Whip For Criticizing Tinubu's Govt
Politics6 hours ago

Tahir Munguno Replaces Ali Ndume as Senate Chief Whip

“I Don’t Listen To Anybody’s Music, I Only Listen To My Husband’s Songs" - Simi

“I Don’t Listen To Anybody’s Music, I Only Listen To My Husband’s Songs” – Simi

Drake's $100 Million Mansion Gets Flooded By Heavy Rainfall In Canada [Video]

Drake’s $100 Million Mansion Gets Flooded By Heavy Rainfall In Canada [Video]

"If You Want To Breakup, Pay Me For Everything I Did For You” - Kizz Daniel Hints Marriage Crash

“If You Want To Breakup, Pay Me For Everything I Did For You” – Kizz Daniel Hints Marriage Crash

How Ooni Of Ife Allegedly Scammed US-Based Nigerian Woman Of $180,000

How Ooni Of Ife Allegedly Scammed US-Based Nigerian Woman Of $180,000

Afrobeat Artists Are Now On Same Level With Drake – Davido [Video]

Afrobeats Artistes Are Now On Same Level With Drake – Davido [Video]

Kylian Mbappe Unveiled To Real Madrid Fans At Santiago Bernabeu After PSG Move [Photos/Video]
Sports1 day ago

Kaduna House Of Reps Member, Ekene Adams Dies At 39
News1 day ago

Kaduna House Of Reps Member, Ekene Adams Dies At 39

Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Brought To Court In Wheelchair
News1 day ago

Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Brought To Court In Wheelchair

Hausa Skitmaker, Umar Bush Appointed SA On Entertainment To Tinubu’s SSA

Hausa Skitmaker, Umar Bush Appointed SA On Entertainment To Tinubu’s SSA

Police Confirms BLord's Arrest Over Alleged Fraud, Terrorism Funding, Other Charges

Police Confirms BLord’s Arrest Over Alleged Fraud, Terrorism Funding, Other Charges

"It’s Criminal And Unacceptable" - Khloe Abiri Drags Delta Airlines Over Her Stolen Property

“It’s Criminal And Unacceptable” – Khloe Abiri Drags Delta Airlines Over Her Stolen Property

Sabinus Reacts After His Abducted Father’s Regained Freedom

Sabinus Reveals He Paid Ransom To Secure His Father’s Release From Abduction

Erica Nlewedim Causes Commotion At Airport After British Airways Downgraded Her Ticket [Video]

VeryDarkMan’s Mother Finally Reacts After Iyabo Ojo Threatened To Slap Her [Video]