Politics

2023: Rabiu Kwankwaso Confirms Talks With Peter Obi To Merge NNPP, Labour Party

The presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso has confirmed that he is discussing with his counterpart in the Labour Party, Peter Obi, to form a possible coalition for the 2023 general election.

2023: Rabiu Kwankwaso Confirms Talks With Peter Obi To Merge NNPP, Labour Party

Kwankwaso And Peter Obi

During an interview with BBC Hausa Service on Saturday, the former governor of Kano said both parties are exploring the possibility of a merger to defeat ruling the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and win the 2023 presidential election.

He said: “We are really talking to Peter Obi, or at least saying that the committee is working to look into the matter (and cooperate with him), and friends and family are coming to talk to us about it.”

The NNPP also confirmed in a tweet on Saturday that a committee was set up to lead the discussion with Peter Obi and the Labour Party.

“We wish to inform Nigerians that, our discussions with Peter Obi and the Labour Party are still ongoing. Special committee was set to discuss arrangements. We hope for good results that will give Nigeria a chance to be alive, once again,” the tweet reads.

READ:  Woman Turns Down Opportunities To Live In US, Canada, Europe, Says She Prefers Nigeria

This comes a few weeks after Rabiu Kwankwaso revealed that Peter Obi could have been his running mate if had joined the NNPP instead of the Labour Party.

READ:  Buhari Speaks With European Council President Over Emergence Of Okonjo-Iweala As WTO DG

Business18 hours ago