Metro

EFCC: 12 Bankers Steal Funds From Dormant Accounts

Twelve (12) bankers have been arrested by the Enugu Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes (EFCC) for suspected insider fraud.

12 Bankers

EFCC Arrests 12 Bankers For Suspected Insider Fraud In Enugu

This was disclosed in a statement posted on the EFCC’s Twitter handle on Saturday night.

The statement said the bankers were arrested on Friday, October 14, 2022.

It said the suspects are: Odeniyi Anthony, Deki Kingsley Onyekachi, Oguchukwu Ene, Elendu Chizaram, Anyakora Uchenna, Onah Kingsley, Akwe Elizabeth, and Chinenye Grace Acibe.

Others are Victoria Ezedie, Chidi-Ukah Obinna, Etoh Lawrence Uzochukwu, and Udeze Harrison.

READ:  EFCC Forces Senator Shehu Sani To Declare His Assets, Blocks His Bank Accounts

“Preliminary investigations showed that the suspects allegedly stole funds from some dormant accounts in a branch of an old generation bank in Enugu,” the statement reads.

“The stolen funds were transferred from the dormant accounts to various beneficiaries, with the principal beneficiary already identified by the EFCC.”

The statement added that the suspects will be charged in court as soon as investigations are concluded.

Meanwhile, Kanyi Daily reported how a court jailed a former banker In Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

READ:  Council Chairman, Three Others Abducted In Benue