Politics

Doguwa Reveals Why He Threatened To Deal With Nigerians If They Don’t Vote For APC

The Majority leader in the House of Representatives, Alhassan Ado Doguwa has revealed why he threatened to deal with Nigerians if they don’t vote for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 general elections.

Doguwa Reveals Why He Threatened To Deal With Nigerians If They Don't Vote For APC

Doguwa Defend His Comment

KanyiDaily recalls that the lawmaker was caught on camera during a campaign telling his supporters that he will deal with them if they don’t vote for APC in the 2023 election.

“To God who made me, on election day, you must vote for APC or we deal with you,” Daguwa who spoke mainly in Hausa can be heard telling a crowd of supporters in his home state of Kano.

Reacting to the outrage trailing his comment during an interview on Channels Television, the lawmaker said his intention was to motivate supporters, not intimidate them.

According to him, his controversial comments are mere “political semantics”, “rhetoric,” and “sloganeering” that is commonly used in Kano politics to bolster supporters.

Doguwa said; “That is not a threat. I would never threaten our electorate. What you don’t know about Kano State (is that) Kano State is one very special political space. We have our special semantics in politics.

READ:  Sowore Faults Call For Igbo Presidency, Says It’s Divisive And Won't Make Any Difference

“We have the shenanigans we use during electioneering campaigns. Kano State is an aggressive state in terms of politics of ideology. In Kano State, we have our own way or approaches when it comes to campaigns. You must employ and use what will ginger your people.

“We have inherited this from time immemorial. Asking people to vote for APC or we deal with them simply means – like what you can call shenanigans, political brouhaha which we make simply to ‘ginger’ our supporters, to let them feel that we are on the ground and we will get it right.

“I never meant to intimidate, I never meant to threaten any of my voters. I’m a reasonable person. I have been in election processes for the past 32 years and I’ve never used threats or intimidation to win my elections.

“But you cannot take away political shenanigans, brouhaha, and sloganeering in Nigeria’s politics. Nigerians should not take this as a threat. It’s part of our political shenanigans and brouhaha. This is what we call the highlights of democracy in Kano politics and you cannot rule that out.”

KanyiDaily recalls that Ado-Doguwa had recently warned that the APC may lose the presidential election in Kano state in the next year’s general election.

READ:  Muhammad Ali’s Son Abandons His Wife And Children After Inheriting $80 Million From His Dad!

How Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Escaped In Niger Prison Break
Metro7 hours ago

How Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Escaped In Niger Prison Break

Secondary School Collapses In Plateau, Killing Over 16 Students
Metro8 hours ago

Secondary School Collapses In Plateau, Killing Over 16 Students

"Chatter Is Live" - Davido Announces Launch Of His Own Social Media Platform

“Chatter Is Live” – Davido Announces Launch Of His Own Social Media Platform

Court Grants N10bn Bail To Ex-Power Minister, Saleh Mamman Over Alleged N33bn Fraud
News12 hours ago

"I Can Never Overemphasise The Joy I Found In Peace" - Tonto Dikeh Declares

“I Can Never Overemphasise The Joy I Found In Peace” – Tonto Dikeh Declares

“I'm Ready To Walk With You Forever” – Biodun Okeowo Tells Fiance Ahead Of Wedding

“I’m Ready To Walk With You Forever” – Biodun Okeowo Tells Fiance Ahead Of Wedding

"Are You Okay?" - Tacha Akide Playfully Dances And Twerks In Hospital Room [Video]

“Are You Okay?” – Tacha Akide Playfully Dances And Twerks In Hospital Room [Video]

Yhemo Lee And Girlfriend, Thayour Set To Get Married, Share Wedding Invites [Video]

Joe Biden Calls Kamala Harris ‘Vice President Trump’ At Press Conference [Video]
News17 hours ago

Supreme Court Bar Governors From Holding Local Government Funds
News1 day ago

Supreme Court Bar Governors From Holding Local Government Funds

"He's My Guy" - Basketmouth Reveals Why He Mocked Wizkid During Davido’s Wedding [Video]

“He’s My Guy” – Basketmouth Reveals Why He Mocked Wizkid During Davido’s Wedding [Video]

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband, Olu Jacob On His 82nd Birthday [Video]

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband, Olu Jacobs On His 82nd Birthday [Video]

Prankster Zfancy Released On Bail After One Week In Police Custody [Video]

Prankster Zfancy Released On Bail After One Week In Police Custody [Video]

Blessing CEO Advises Davido And Sophia Momodu On Child Custody Battle [Video]

Blessing CEO Advises Davido And Sophia Momodu On Child Custody Battle [Video]

Patoranking Recounts How He Hawked With His Father On The Streets Of Lagos

Patoranking Recounts How He Hawked With His Father On The Streets Of Lagos

How To Withdraw From Hamster Kombat 1
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

How To Withdraw From Hamster Kombat

'I'm Ready To Die, But I'll Take A Lot Of You Bullies With Me" - Toyin Abraham [Video]

‘I’m Ready To Die, But I’ll Take A Lot Of You Bullies With Me” – Toyin Abraham [Video]

Copa America 2024: Argentina Mocks Drake After $300K Bet Loss On Canada

Copa America 2024: Argentina Mocks Drake After $300K Bet Loss On Canada

How To Check Your Mental Age
Health2 days ago

How To Check Your Mental Age

Toyin Abraham Faces Backlash For Using Police To Arrest Her Critic And His Mother