Sports

A Qatari journalist Khalid al-Misslam died suddenly at the Qatar World Cup, barely 48 hours after a US reporter who made headlines for wearing an LGBT T-shirt died from a ‘heart attack’.

Khalid al-Misslam Cause of Death

Khalid, a photojournalist working for Al Kass TV, died on Sunday, December 11. The circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Qatar news outlet Gulf Times tweeted:

‘Al-Misslam, a Qatari, died suddenly while covering the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

‘We believe in Allah’s mercy and forgiveness for him, and send our deepest condolences to his family.’

Qatari Photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam dies at Qatar World Cup hours after US reporter Grant Wahl died 5

The news was confirmed by Al Kass TV, who only briefly mentioned Khalid al-Misslam passing in a live broadcast and appear to be waiting for further details.

His death comes just 48 hours after the death of Popular American Sports journalist Grant Wahl, who was stopped from entering stadiums for wearing a pro-LGBT top.

The prominent football journalist, 48, collapsed during extra time in the match between Argentina and the Netherlands in Doha on Friday night.

Qatari Photojournalist Khalid al-Misslam dies at Qatar World Cup hours after US reporter Grant Wahl died 6

Paramedics performed CPR and used an automatic chest compressor to try and revive him for 20 minutes.

Wahl was rushed to a nearby hospital in an ambulance, where he was pronounced dead from what is reported to have been a heart attack.

Shortly after his passing, Wahl’s brother, Erik, who is gay, alleged his brother was murdered because of his constant criticisms of the Qatari regime.

In a video posted on Instagram, which has now been deleted, Eric Wahl said:

‘My name is Eric Wahl. I live in Seattle, Washington. I am Grant Wahl’s brother. I’m gay.

‘I’m the reason he wore the rainbow shirt to the World Cup. My brother was healthy.

‘He told me he received death threats. I do not believe my brother just died. I believe he was killed. And I just beg for any help.’

He added that his brother’s body will be repatriated to the United States and his family would not release a cause of death until an autopsy has been performed in the US.

Grant Wahl who had just come back from taking some time off work after his body ‘broke down’ due to little sleep, high stress and lots of work was covering his eighth world cup.

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 9

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets17 hours ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets18 hours ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero
News22 hours ago

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education2 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News2 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 10
Business2 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition

Connecting Continents: Google Introduces Umoja, Africa’s First Direct Fiber Link to Australia 11
Business2 days ago

"Don’t Do Anything To My Baby You Are Carrying” – AY Makun Tells BBNaija’s Alex Amid Pregnancy Claims

“Don’t Do Anything To My Baby You Are Carrying” – AY Makun Tells BBNaija’s Alex Amid Pregnancy Claims